Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 0.9.21 and databases/dbgrid problems  (Read 4709 times)

CortelliStefano

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Lazarus 0.9.21 and databases/dbgrid problems
« on: February 16, 2007, 06:27:58 pm »
Hello to all the forum. I'm trying to convert a project from Lazarus 0.9.13 (FPC 2.1.1) to Lazarus 0.9.21 (FPC 2.1.1). I use jvuib and fbdataset to connect to Firebird 1.5.3. I'm actualy working on Windows 2000 Prof.

I've meet a lot of problems in the use of databases and in dbgrid, then I ask: are there other people here who have meet the same difficoults?

Because of my project is over 50000 rows of code, it's very difficoult for me to reproduce the problem in a small project and report a bug issue.

For example, sometimes the user can't change row of a dbgrid, other times cell data is automatically changed by the program, often when the user try to add a new blank row there are added 2 blank rows.

In the program I've a quite simple procedure that write the content of a calculated field that represent the description of a key value of another field, and a procedure that from the first to the last record of a dataset calculate the total of a field, if I comment a few lines the situation better, even if there are still problems, anyway.

However I've meet other problems in inserting new records, above all when I've complex forms with a dbgrid for master and for example two dbgrids for detail tables.

All my program works correctly under Lazarus 0.9.13 FPC 2.1.1.

What it's better to do? May be for now it's better to use still Lazarus 0.9.13. Anyway, if I can help to individuate these problems, if I'm able to, I can try to do other tries.

It's 3 days that I'm working over, but I've found no solution yet.

My project with Lazarus sources (an italian accountacy program) is also available for download on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=178483

Best regards,

Stefano

jesusr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
RE: Lazarus 0.9.21 and databases/dbgrid problems
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:57:59 am »
Hi, can you take a look a this bug report?, http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=8345 , do you think it's related?

I tried to compile your project, I think I finally got it working, the only problem is that I have fb 2.0 and I couldn't really test because your fdb file is for version 1.5.x, if you could send me in private a transportable backup of your fdb file I could try to fix dbgrid problems. If you think it's a good idea here is my addr, jesusrmx a yahoo.com.mx

An alternative would be using something like tdbf and try to recreate the situation your user face while editing in the grid. If it could be reproduced in this way it would be indeed easier for me.

CortelliStefano

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
Lazarus 0.9.21 and databases/dbgrid problems
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 04:51:32 pm »
Thank your very much for your reply and your help. I've sent you the backup of the database and event my last sources.

About the bug report, may be they can be related, it's difficoult for me to say, but in any case it is not my same problem.

I've tried to explain better in the mail I've sent.

Thank you again.

Stefano

 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018