Recent

Author Topic: newbi looking for relief  (Read 5844 times)

slayfist

newbi looking for relief
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:13:41 am »
Hi folks,

I have been a low tech user of delphi for several years and would like to experiment with lazarus.  So, I installed it onto windows (just not good enough at linux programming to try it there yet).  Anyhow, it installs nicely, and here is what I tried doing:
Creted a dbf in excel, saved it to c:\lazarus test
Created a new form in lazarus, droped a tdbf, tdatasource, tdbnav, tdbgrid and set their properties to reference the dbf (all the stuff that usually works in delphi and using advantage database).  When I tried to activate the dbf - I got a run time error 202.  Fine, figured I set something wrong ... checked, changed something (I know I am vague) but then I tried to activate it again, lazarus shuts down completely.  So I tried essentially the same thing but this time using a data module to throw the database components onto instead of a form.  But this time, I could even get past file new datamodule before it barfed.

Am I doing something wrong ?

slayfist

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: newbi looking for relief
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:33:22 am »
Quote from: "slayfist"
I have been a low tech user of delphi for several years and would like to experiment with lazarus.  So, I installed it onto windows (just not good enough at linux programming to try it there yet).  Anyhow, it installs nicely, and here is what I tried doing:
Creted a dbf in excel, saved it to c:\lazarus test
Created a new form in lazarus, droped a tdbf, tdatasource, tdbnav, tdbgrid and set their properties to reference the dbf (all the stuff that usually works in delphi and using advantage database).  When I tried to activate the dbf - I got a run time error 202.  Fine, figured I set something wrong ... checked, changed something (I know I am vague) but then I tried to activate it again, lazarus shuts down completely.

Please, create a bug report with the testprogram and relevant testdata.

So I tried essentially the same thing but this time using a data module to throw the database components onto instead of a form.  But this time, I could even get past file new datamodule before it barfed.

This bug has been fixed in lazarus 0.9.21.

slayfist

RE: Re: newbi looking for relief
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:52:36 am »
Where would I get 0.9.21, all I see on the download page is Lazarus-0.9.20-fpc-2.0.4-20061105-win32.exe?

Zorba

RE: Re: newbi looking for relief
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:43:34 pm »
You can get it from the Daily Snapshots.

slayfist

thanks!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 01:14:54 am »
Going to try that daaily snapshots download now!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018