Recent

Author Topic: using the librsvg library with free-pascal  (Read 6556 times)

flippinho

using the librsvg library with free-pascal
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:09:51 pm »
hello,

I wanted to do a header conversion for the librsvg library (from gnome project), so I can use the librsvg.dll (on win32) together with the cairo-libraries which are already included in Lazarus to display svg-graphics.

Unfortunately I failed and I think it is just because I do not find the correct headers for the librsvg.dll.

here is what I did:
I downloaded the archive "librsvg_2.22.3-1_win32.zip" and extracted the file "librsvg-2-2.dll" to my project

I downloaded the archive "librsvg-dev_2.22.3-1_win32.zip" and extracted the headerfiles
"rsvg-cairo.h",
"librsvg-features.h"
"rsvg.h"
"librsvg-enum-types.h"
to my project. I thought with these headerfiles I would be able to do a header conversion and call librsvg.dll functions.
Unfortunately, my project will not compile, and I think those header-files are not the correct headers for calling librsvg.dll because:
- the above mentioned headers do not have any cdecl or external declarations.
- the above mentioned headers refer to declarations in headerfiles which are not included in "librsvg-dev_2.22.3-1_win32.zip" but in "librsvg-2.22.3.tar.gz"

This makes me think that either I did not find the download site for the correct headers for librsvg.dll or I do not understand what I need to do to deploy the librsvg.dll.

Maybe someone here has tried a similar thing or can give me any advices what I could do to use the librsvg-library with free-pascal.

Thank you for your help,

flippinho

DJMaster

• DJMaster on GitHub
Re: using the librsvg library with free-pascal
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
Take a look at the following fresh new bindings:

LibRsvg: https://github.com/DJMaster/librsvg-fpc
Cairo: https://github.com/DJMaster/cairo-fpc

Strongly tested under Windows. Linux and other OSs will be available asap.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
Hm. I use native pascal mp3 code.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »
Hm. I use native pascal mp3 code.

Did you post it to the wrong thread? This one seems to be about image formats, not audio formats.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018