Recent

Author Topic: Radial Menu Component?  (Read 3475 times)

fatmonk

Radial Menu Component?
« on: September 01, 2016, 04:05:36 pm »
Does anyone know of a radial menu component for Lazarus?

-FM

Matek

Re: Radial Menu Component?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 01:58:27 am »
Hi fatmonk!

I saw your post about 2 years ago and also I was looking for this kind of menu then. I only found Radial Menu by DevExpress, that isn't free. After a huge research I gave up. Last week, out of the blue, I reminded myself about this component and thought to try create it. I was trying and trying... and I'm at the finish line now  :D ! I've created it only for my project but if you want, I'll make a new package and share it. What do you think about that?

Dependencies:
- BGRA Bitmap Pack package
- SimpleTimer package
- Windows Operating System (because it uses e.g. UpdateLayeredWindow windows function)

Features:
- DPI-awareness
- Showing and closing animation with alpha-blending and rotating effect (it can be turned off)
- Navigation: expand item, back
- Styles and metrics' customizing
- Menu painting adapts to current visible items' list (angles, items size, rotations)

Screenshots:
- https://imgur.com/a/5Dc9NGe
- in the attachment

PS I'm aware that you may not be interested about that (long long time has passed) but I reckon you will see my work  :P
Lazarus 2.0.8, Windows 10 Pro
Lazarus 2.2.0, Windows 11 Home

ShowMessage('Zażółć gęślą jaźń');

Deepaak

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 06:23:10 am »
Can you share this package with me. It is really awesome. I was also searching this menu for so long
Holiday season is online now. :-)

Matek

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:16:37 am »
Can you share this package with me. It is really awesome. I was also searching this menu for so long

I've decided to share this package for everyone  :) 
You can find everything connected with PospoLite library here: https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PospoLite
I wish you a pleasant use of my library  :D

PS Polską wersję wiki można znaleźć tutaj: https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/PospoLite/pl. Miłego korzystania!

wp

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:58:09 am »
Dependencies:
- BGRA Bitmap Pack package
- SimpleTimer package
- Windows Operating System (because it uses e.g. UpdateLayeredWindow windows function)
Are these dependencies absolutely necessary? I think they severely restrict usability of this package.

Matek

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 12:48:47 pm »
Are these dependencies absolutely necessary? I think they severely restrict usability of this package.
Not everything. You can replace TSimpleTimer with normal TTimer (I use simpletimer because animation is smoother). When it comes to BGRABitmap, I think is really popular package and you can download it e.g. via Online Package Manager. Additionaly, this library is created now only for Windows, but I'll try to port it to another platforms  :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018