Forum > General

Stressing Compiler

(1/1)

Lightning:
I told some guys on a kylix forum that they should try Lazarus and one of them said "Did you compile more than 10 000 lines" i said not yet.
So i compiled simple assignings and if's in the OnCreate event of a form, slow but it works, now i tested with 30 000, verrrrry slooow, but it works, then 50000 compiler shows Panic: Compilation failed, so...
I test with 120 000 in kylix and in a few secs my program was running.
Suggestions:
Lose that ugly console on windows, Delphi uses dccxx.dll to compile instead of dcc32.exe, this must be fast, more secure, and the console version can use the same .dll/.so or build FPC into Lazarus.

neli:
Hmm, as lazarus itself is more than 100000 lines of code, it isn't a problem with the compiler. What compiler version are you using?

Lightning:
1.9.3 040529
The ideea is that having much code _INSIDE_ an object procedure might be hard to compile.
Maybe there is too much memory used to keep track of objects while compiling/linking

Vincent Snijders:
If it is just one procedure, try putting it a simple test program and see, if the compiler still crashes. If it crashes, submit a bug report at http://www.freepascal.org/bugs.html

Lightning:
Yes that's the problem, try this yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version