Recent

Author Topic: String Overloading / $LongStrings  (Read 8517 times)

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: String Overloading / $LongStrings
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 01:32:05 pm »
My comment was about facts.

As an aside:
And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:35:19 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Pasqualish

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »
Besides: if you generate the documentation from trunk (which takes some effort and knowledge) almost all I explained is already there.
So my remark was justified,

If you want to use cutting edge features, plz note what it takes to use the cutting edge features. Otherwise use the stable release and stick to the features that are advertised in the documentation for the stable release. If you do not know how to use trunk and trunk documentation, basically, there are some muscles somewhere around your face that should be in the relaxed position.

You said "because this is in the release notes 2.6..* AND  the FPC 3.0 documentation." with respect to {$mode DelphiUnicode} and {$modeswitch UnicodeStrings} . Given that it was in release 2.6.0, then online documentation should be sufficient to find out about it. And let's not forget, you claimed that the current online documentation had it - that I was wrong for saying that it didn't have it. Now yiou are off in "trunk documentation".

As for your insult, I would prefer you say something direct and clear rather than using perplexing innuendo.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:03:37 pm by Pasqualish »

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »
I hopefully never insult. I hopefully am intentionally harsh. There's a big difference.
[edit]
Harsh for people that do not take the time to figure it out for themselves.
Like AC/DC wrote and played: if you want it you got it...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:57:34 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018