Recent

Author Topic: PDO SQL API reorganized, moved to sourceforge  (Read 3262 times)

jrmarino

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
PDO SQL API reorganized, moved to sourceforge
« on: January 20, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »
Ten months ago, I published an article about a new database API that I had created.  It was a fork of Zeoslib, but I ended up gutting the majority of the zeos code and starting over.  The code was hosted on my company's server at www.synsport.com .  I used PDO for FreeBSD server daemons (FPC), FreeBSD cron jobs (FPC), our live and postgame FreeBSD scoring engines (FPC) and our windows PC client (Delphi).  I added updates along the way as I found bugs, but basically I didn't tweak anything unless I had a problem.  

This week I purged more zeos code and reorganized the project to make it easier to add new drivers.  I also moved the project to Sourceforge along with the documentation on the new homepage.  I may add drivers for Firebird 2 or PostgreSQL 8 soon as I am thinking about alternatives to MySQL.

I was highly productive with this API (it's loosely based on PHP's PDO database wrapper), I found it logical, and I think others would agree if they were to be exposed to it.  So I thought I would float out a little update after 10 months of personal use, I moved the code to sourceforge (still LGPL).

I'll post another article if I create a new driver.

jrmarino

  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 24
PDO SQL API reorganized, moved to sourceforge
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:14:49 pm »
Oh -- by the way, Zeos was originally translated into English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, and German.  My Spanish capability is likely good enough for this, but my German is weak, my Dutch is worse (even though I live in Holland!), and I don't know Portuguese at all.

I think there are lurkers of all these languages here, so if you would like to contribute to the re-translation of the new language strings, that would be nice.