Recent

Author Topic: Cannot find -lXtst  (Read 4885 times)

Ruptor

Cannot find -lXtst
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:37:46 pm »
I had two warnings about crti.o and crtn.o saying the code wouldn't link but it does and runs so I didn't worry about them. Now I have compiled the package mouseandkeyinput and added it to the uses now the code deosn't link. The error is -lXtst not found and I don't have a clue what to fix.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Cannot find -lXtst
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:49:32 pm »
Install the development package for libxtst (-dev or -devel)

Ruptor

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 11:50:02 pm »
Hi Marcov
   I searched this problem and it appears that it is common on Ubuntu systems so I put my code on Suse leap 42.1 where it compiled and linked with no warnings or errors. Why do I need to install extra stuff on Ubuntu to make the code link and/or get rid of the crt errors that were always present before the linking error came up?

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:16:28 am »
Missing crt.* files usually means that you haven't prepared the system for development. Most distributions have some "build essentials"  or similar meta package that installs some commonly used base tools for development.

crt.* files are the originals of the startup of a binary. If you don't do development, you don't need them.

Ruptor

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 06:34:56 pm »
OK thanks Marcov so Ubuntu is set up for developers. I guess it is pointed more at users.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018