Recent

Author Topic: Having issues with Master/Detail report  (Read 2734 times)

Eric Cotting

Having issues with Master/Detail report
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:08:53 am »
I have been successfully creating Simple reports with one query.  Today I attempted a Master/Detail report.  Currently no matter how I setup the Master/Detail bands I only see the Detail records for the first Master record in Subsequent Master records.

I have researched on line, read the documentation, simplified the project to one form with two Firebird - TSQLQuery objects linked via DataSource.  When the queries are linked to grids on the form the data works properly.  But the report from the exact same queries behaves as described.

When I change the starting record in the grid prior to selection print the Detail section for each master record show the last selected Master Records Details.

I am using Lazarus 1.6 from with FP 3.0 on Windows 10 running a local copy of Firebird 2.5.

I would appreciate any help with this.  Thanks

Eric Cotting

Re: Having issues with Master/Detail report
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »
I found the issue:  In Delphi a report needed the "Master" Dataset assigned to the report object.  In LazReports setting the TfrReport.Dataset property to the "Master" dataset as well as setting the Master Band dataset is what caused the issue.

I hope this helps someone else.

Eric

TinyPortal © 2005-2018