Recent

Author Topic: Some strange behavior  (Read 5531 times)

victor_h

Some strange behavior
« on: January 01, 2007, 10:01:51 pm »
I'm using Lazarus 0.9.20. I encountered are a few strange things/errors, perhaps you can give me some hints why this happens or what to do about it.

First thing doesn't really disturb me much, but it is nevertheless somewhat strange. When compiling, I get tons of "hints" like this:
Code: [Select]
unitmainwindow.pas(357,25) Hint: Type size mismatch, possible loss of data / range check error
The line to which this message refers simply says:
zaehler:=zaehler+1;
where "zaehler" is a word. Of couse, it is theoretically possible that this line causes an overrun, but I think it is actually the usual way of incrementing an integer?

Second, when compiling and running my project, Lazarus sometimes gives me an outdated version of my main form. I then can only get the up to date version by changing something in the form (like slightly moving a button and moving it back). After closing the application and compiling/running it again, it sometimes (not always, though) goes back to the outdated version and I have to change something in my form again. Choosing "Build All" from the "Run" Menu or restarting Lazarus doesn't change anything. I can't specifically reproduce this behavior.

Third, compiling occasionally stops and I get this error in the Messages window:
unitmainwindow.pas(47,1) Fatal: Internal error 200306067
The referred line is part of my TMainWindow declaration and simply states:
GroupMaschine: TGroupBox;
Sometimes before compilation aborts with this error it takes several seconds to minutes of heavy CPU load, but not always. Again, I can't exactly reproduce this.

Best regards,
Victor

Almindor

• http://www.astarot.tk
RE: Some strange behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:50 am »
The warning is ok altho there's a discussion on fpc ML about useless warnings like these right now.

The IE is a bug and should be reported, possibly with simple test case if applicable/reproducable.

The CPU load is interresting, I think you'd best bugrep (these are FPC bugs not Lazarus ones, just chose the right project in the bugrep tool, Lazarus and fpc share the same web-bugrep interface)

victor_h

Some strange behavior
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:58:14 pm »
Thanks for your answer! I'll see if I can make this reproducable in some way...

krsears

Some strange behavior
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:16:56 am »
I just found and fixed this very problem in one of my projects.

It seems that somehow a part of the "outdated" form found its way into the .lrs of another form that is included later in the compile cycle.  This has the effect of overriding the correct form's new look.  Deleting all of the .lrs files and recompiling the project solved both the "old form" and the Internal Error.

Kendall

TinyPortal © 2005-2018