2 (18.2%)
Nxpascaldemo2
0 (0%)
Paintphantom
0 (0%)
Water3d
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Graphics Contest  (Read 63678 times)

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: Graphics Contest
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2016, 01:21:50 pm »
@nuno:

Here is a version of your demo that I have optimized. Enjoy!  :)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 01:28:26 pm »
I slightly improved the resolution as well. Here is a screenshot:

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »
Thanks circular I've added it to the repository too. Replacing the original code because for that is the revision control, we can have both :)

All the win32 binaries from 2015 contest and 2016 contest are here:
https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgracontest/releases/tag/v1.0

Seems that everybody posted their sources, so if there is no one left to put the sources please start voting your favorites!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:08:27 pm by lainz »

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
@lainz: I deactivate the compiler optimizations and enabled debug info to debug, I guess the LPI file would be better with it as it was in the original

lainz

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »
@lainz: I deactivate the compiler optimizations and enabled debug info to debug, I guess the LPI file would be better with it as it was in the original

I've added debug and release modes for all .lpi in both 2015 and 2016 projects.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »
Thanks  :)

Michl

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2016, 01:06:25 am »
Interesting works here! I've tested all project and get all to run. :)

I like the lainz mixer for the clear short code (and the inspiration it sends to me, to do something with BGRABitmap).
I like the circular Water3D, cause its clear and easy to manipulate. Here, with pointed light and red color, it looks ... very scary, MUHAHAHH ...
I like the User137 second demo lightning, done with nxPascal (before, I didn't know about it), cause of the good mouse control and the lights.
I like the Ñuño_Martínez demo Voxel. Thank you for using ALLEGRO, so I could see it work.
I like the aradeonas Tikan. Its a really nice show effect and well composed!

Thank you all and all I forgot to mention, for your work, your credits, your criticism and the inspiration you seed!
Code: [Select]
type
  TLiveSelection = (lsMoney, lsChilds, lsTime);
  TLive = Array[0..1] of TLiveSelection;

RWC

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »
@circular: Thank you that’s very encouraging. I didn’t post it as an entry but to show off some of bgrabitmap capabilities. The source code is embarrassingly messy and still full of errors & ommissions. If you guys are interested (and like a laugh) you can have a copy but I don’t want it public until it’s more presentable.

The only one I have that’s ok would be my ASM/BGRABitmap projects. It’s already been posted once but can be download in full from:
https://mega.nz/#F!DJskkDbT!A6PWr6ji4gId8q4vmsvaNw
No login needed just rightclick LandrgbLaz01 Full.zip & choose Download => Standard download.

@Lainz: paintphantom works well on my win7 Lazarus v1.6. I’m sure Microsoft’s will love it for signing their Certificates of Authenticity.

Unfortunately lainzmixer when compiled gives the following error messages:
Compile Project, Mode: Debug, Target: project1.exe: Exit code 1, Errors: 5
unit1.pas(56,3) Error: Identifier not found "FetchDirectory"
unit1.pas(57,8) Error: Identifier not found "FetchObject"
unit1.pas(57,53) Error: Expression type must be class or record type, got <erroneous type>
unit1.pas(60,5) Error: Identifier not found "MainPart"
unit1.pas(61,5) Error: Identifier not found "MainPart"

@Michl: ShakingPix & Smiley Tunnel are both amazing! The latter would make a brilliant screen saver and I know a certain Vicar who would love to get his hands on ShakingPix to display his downloads. :-X

@User137: Awesome. nxPascalDemo2 & SolarDemo run  at 62fps on my win7 laptop & Vista desktop. Nice work.

@all: I still have more entries to test but so far this is really impressive work guys & I look forward to delving into your source. Best wishes, RWC.
LAZARUS  : Lazarus-1.4.2-fpc-2.6.4-win32. OS   : Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2.
CPU  : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz. RAM : 3GB. PCIE : NVIDIA GeForce GT610. Audo : NVIDIA HD Audio.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:05 pm »
@RWC: nice voxel. It would be great to be able to resize the view. And try for example 640x480.

About the error you get when compiling lainz mixer, you need a more recent version of BGRABitmap.

Here is a lighter version of your project that can be posted in this thread:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:11:50 pm by circular »

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2016, 04:08:47 pm »
Ok so a Lainz said, time to vote.

I vote for the smiley tunnel of Michl.  :) :) :)

RWC

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2016, 04:59:54 pm »
@circular: I’ve got your water3d working on my win7 laptop at last. The code is way beyond me but the effect looks really good. Reminds me of a tar pit – I can imagine it in a game for trapping the careless player (plus some dinosaur bones). Would look great in brown/black against that background image. I also like your older ‘water_improved.zip’ it produces some nice troughs & peaks when clicked close to the corners. A swimming pool bottom image that rippled or a sky reflection depending on the view angle could be quite interesting too. Really nice work on both demos.

p.s. Please excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what ‘voxel’ means?  I did try modifying the code for different screen sizes but a fixed size of 640x480 should be straightforward. Thanks again circular & thanks the jpegged conversion of my textures, it compiles and works fine so attached is my entry. all the best RWC.
LAZARUS  : Lazarus-1.4.2-fpc-2.6.4-win32. OS   : Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2.
CPU  : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz. RAM : 3GB. PCIE : NVIDIA GeForce GT610. Audo : NVIDIA HD Audio.

lainz

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »
RWC Thanks for this new demo, I've added it to the repository and also to the binary downloads.

Is hard to select a favorite  :-X

About 3D graphics are a lot and 2d too, Well I'll select aradeonas demo and circular demo, those are.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »
@circular: I’ve got your water3d working on my win7 laptop at last. The code is way beyond me but the effect looks really good.
I could say the same about your assembler code.  ;)

A swimming pool bottom image that rippled or a sky reflection depending on the view angle could be quite interesting too. Really nice work on both demos.
I though about it a bit but did not find an obvious way to do it at the time.

p.s. Please excuse my ignorance but I don’t know what ‘voxel’ means?
Voxel means volumetric pixel. It is a little cube in space that is painted on the screen.

aradeonas

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2016, 07:31:01 pm »
@RWC your  work is very cool! messy but very cool, I like it very much. My vote is for you ;)

Michl

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:17 pm »
@RWC your  work is very cool! messy but very cool, I like it very much.
+1 !!!

Still, my vote is for lainz mixer, cause for the spirit of that contest, its for me the best:
- easy understandable source code (not many lines)
- easy to manipulate
- nice effect
Code: [Select]
type
  TLiveSelection = (lsMoney, lsChilds, lsTime);
  TLive = Array[0..1] of TLiveSelection;

TinyPortal © 2005-2018