2 (18.2%)
Nxpascaldemo2
0 (0%)
Paintphantom
0 (0%)
Water3d
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Graphics Contest  (Read 63658 times)

aradeonas

Re: Graphics Contest
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2016, 04:47:57 pm »
Ah, I missed the date, I hope I make it until the the night :|

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2016, 07:05:01 pm »
Don't worry we can extend it one more week if Ñuño, RWC and aradeonas will be in. Please comment if you want more time. Else today is the last day.

I'm preparing the repository, I will use the bgracontest one and separate by year, so next year we just add the new projects and that's all.

I think also we can provide executables in a tag release, but I'm having problems compiling the old examples some things don't work in one of my projects maybe I'll discuss that in other thread.

aradeonas

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2016, 08:05:39 pm »
I hope it will be finished today but a couple of days may be good if others want.
I think a new repo will be better through its not BGRA only and we can link to the previous one in it.
About exe my last project has one available for download.

lainz

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2016, 08:29:44 pm »
Let's add a week, time until 21/07/2016.

Despite of the repository name both description and readme points that is code from BGRA Contest 2015 and Graphics Contest 2016.

Your 2015 demo compiles so just my koala demo is not working, but I think circular will find the problem and the code will be fixed. Is something related with pixel filters changed.

When that get's fixed I'll upload all the executables from 2015 and 2016 for win32. Other platforms feel free to contribute with all executables and will be uploaded too.

I've not added nx library in one demo, when everything else is ready we need to update the wiki pointing each demo author and libs needed to compile.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2016, 11:21:52 pm »
I did it, finally.  Actually I'm not sure what were wrong with my previous code.  I know it is related with space coordinates and sin/cos stuff, and may be because I tried to optimize the code as I was writing. ;D  Now it works!

Two screenshots, one psychodelic (created by the demo) and another using a heightmap I found on Internet many years ago I don't remember where...

The code in the next post as it overloads the maximun size.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2016, 11:24:05 pm »
And here's the code.  Note that it's highly un-optimized so if you have an old computer it may be really slow.  Also sometimes it stucks and I don't know why.  And I've included the island heightmap too.

I'm really tempted to restart my voxel game engine.  I've seen some voxel movement in the Indy-game development world but I don't see that they're using them properly. :-X I think I can do a cool game...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:28:13 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!

lainz

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2016, 11:41:04 pm »
Ñuño you have a repository on GitHub or elsewhere containing Allegro pas files or I must ship them with your source?

And also you can give me a list of the required .dll's in order to put them when I release the binaries?

Nice demo, I did something like that in Unity using a map I design in Blender.. Whit a sand texture, not that multicolor :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:43:58 pm by lainz »

aradeonas

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2016, 11:41:21 pm »
Tikan!

Name: Tikan.
Category: Animation.
Author: Ara
Platforms : In theory every graphical platform that Lazarus and FreePascal support but checked only in Windows 10.
Description: This application is a Pascal implementation of beautiful work of humanssince1982.

How to use:
1) Run application.
2) Sit back.
3) And watch!
4) Check the source or try it in debug mode if you want and play with buttons.

Known problems and wishes:
-I wish clock hands have shadow.
-Some bugs in reversed animating.

Thanks to:
-Circular as always for everything and his prevouse helps.
-Lainz for managing contest.
-humanssince1982 for the beautiful engineering-art work.
-And who ever I forgot to thanks ;)

Download links:
Executable (Windows)
Source and executable (Windows)
Source

aradeonas

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2016, 11:42:47 pm »
Good job Ñuño! its complicated for me :D

lainz

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2016, 11:48:48 pm »
Tikan is in one word: magnetic!

Amazing job aradeonas!

Edit: 10 demos! This year is the year...  8)

aradeonas

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2016, 11:56:56 pm »
Tikan is in one word: magnetic!

Amazing job aradeonas!

Edit: 10 demos! This year is the year...  8)

:D :D Thanks

Yes a better year :p

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2016, 10:26:13 am »
@ara:

First I thought, hmm is this to be a bunch clocks, and then oh they do things together :)

You can add shadows to clock hands by precomputing a blurred version of the clock hand and drawing it wit an offset.
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

aradeonas

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2016, 10:43:16 am »
You can add shadows to clock hands by precomputing a blurred version of the clock hand and drawing it wit an offset.
I have problem with offset, I saw translate implementation for such thing so shadow position changes according to hand position but I dont know how to implement it with BGRA.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2016, 11:29:49 am »
Ñuño you have a repository on GitHub or elsewhere containing Allegro pas files or I must ship them with your source?
The Allegro.pas repository at SourceForge (I know... :-[) is at https://sourceforge.net/p/allegro-pas/code/HEAD/tree/.  I've used the last SVN TRUNK ones, but I've put in the package what you need.

And also you can give me a list of the required .dll's in order to put them when I release the binaries?
That is a bit more complicated.  Allegro is at http://www.liballeg.org/, but I recommend you to download them from http://download.gna.org/allegro/allegro-bin/5.2.0/ as they contain tested binaries only.

My demo doesn't need all DLL files.  If I'm correct you'll need:

allegro-5.2.dll
allegro_font-5.2.dll
allegro_image-5.2.dll
allegro_dialog-5.2.dll
allegro_primitives-5.2.dll
allegro_color-5.2.dll

Nice demo, I did something like that in Unity using a map I design in Blender.. Whit a sand texture, not that multicolor :)

Good job Ñuño! its complicated for me :D
Thanks, but I have little credit here. I've just remember a tutorial I read at flipcode long time ago.

The other demos are really awesome.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:36:10 am by Ñuño_Martínez »

lainz

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2016, 01:15:12 pm »
Thanks. Yes that was the dll I downloaded to test your application. Is linked in the official allegro website too. OK I've added the pas files too.

All demos are in the repository, only the binaries are left. Soon :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018