2 (18.2%)
Nxpascaldemo2
0 (0%)
Paintphantom
0 (0%)
Water3d
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Graphics Contest  (Read 63670 times)

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: Graphics Contest
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2016, 12:06:15 am »
I am happy you like it  :)
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 12:50:56 am »
Nice water glup glup

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 12:53:32 am »
I did a second demo, showing off trails of particle engine. This time no binaries or library included, just source code.

After coding with Unity engine so much, i keep seeing lots and lots of things i'd do differently now if i were to improve nxPascal... Sadly there is hardly time for that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:58:25 am by User137 »

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 01:12:50 am »
I like those trails  :) How do you do that? By drawing a glow texture many times?

Are you saying you would like to spend more times improving nxPascal?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:14:27 am by circular »

lainz

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2016, 01:29:10 am »
The 3D rotation is nice, everything inside in it's correct position.

I use unity too, unity grows so fast is a big company. Targeting for android is much easier than with Lazarus and you get almost the same graphics (not all but almost)...

User137

• Nxpascal home
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2016, 02:26:54 am »
I like those trails  :) How do you do that? By drawing a glow texture many times?

Are you saying you would like to spend more times improving nxPascal?
Yeah the trail is drawn from 3 dimensions, so that you can see it from all camera angles. I suppose it would be possible to implement it with just 1 actual trail too, if using modelview matrix in the calculations (like sprites always facing the camera). It's easily possible to increase the moving object count in that scene, but it just becomes a giant white blur  ::)  https://github.com/Zaflis/nxpascal/blob/master/src/nxGLExtra.pas#L466

Yeah it's on the wishlist of things i'd like to do, just busy with other things. 2 android projects ongoing for example...

lainz

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 05:29:01 pm »
Hi, this is my new demo Paint Phantom, with unique electric blue ink.

Feel free to improve it since is quite simple :D

Also there is a gap between the lines sometimes, my logic is not too big to debug it and fill that gap...

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2016, 12:31:30 am »
Ah yes, that's "electric" blue indeed.

What about using a black background instead?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:33:20 am by circular »

lainz

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2016, 12:38:33 am »
Yes it looks better with black background. Thanks for the idea!

lainz

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2016, 01:10:33 am »
Only 4 days left, then you (anyone) can vote your favorite.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »
tic tac tic tac...

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2016, 12:40:43 pm »
I said I would try to create a graphics demo using Allegro.  I'll not promise anything but may be (only may be) I can do something today.

I hadn't had time; actually I still haven't time, but I need to do something different before my mind explode. :'(
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

RWC

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 03:58:27 am »
@lainz With regard to the lainzdemo.7z. I don’t understand what this demo is used for but I’m very impressed by how fast and smooth it runs in my (Chrome) browser! P.s. Also love the dragon.

As for the other graphics contest demos, I can’t compile them unless I modify my Lazarus installation. I’m a bit reluctant to do that at the moment, partly because I don’t know the proper way to do it but also, when I added the later bgrabitmap8.9 to my projects they failed to compile. Strangely, the function ‘getpixel’ which previously didn’t work on bgrabitmap8.6, started working when I reverted back to bgrabitmap8.6 so I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I’ve have successfully installed lazarus-1.6.0-fpc-3.0.0-win32 on my Win7 laptop so maybe I can get the demos running on that set-up. It would be nice to have ready compiled demos for download but I’m guessing the merit of the bgracontest will be based on the ingenuity of the source as much as the final presentation.

My own work is a bit too simple for a graphics contest but if any other beginners are reading this I strongly recommend persevering with Lazarus as it’s absolutely fantastic with lots of ready made components to play with (not to mention hundreds of ready made functions & procedures). For example, below are screenshots of a QuickBasic programs I’m currently converting. It’s a geographical tool for exploring the alignment of ancient monuments, temples & stone circles. By using bgrabitmap for the screen I can have separate transparent layers for the coastlines, graticules, paths & labels. By using multiple forms I can have pop up windows for more tools and opening & saving images and files is a doddle too so the only limit is your own imagination.

A big thank you to Circular, Lainz, Aradeonas, Michl, Ñuño_Martínez, Leledumbo, Graeme, rvk, GetMem, User137, Molly, Old_Dog, christian1987, marcov, ykot and everyone else who helped me & made this possible. Kindest regards RWC.
LAZARUS  : Lazarus-1.4.2-fpc-2.6.4-win32. OS   : Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2.
CPU  : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz. RAM : 3GB. PCIE : NVIDIA GeForce GT610. Audo : NVIDIA HD Audio.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:22 pm »
I give up.  :'(

I tried to reproduce my old voxel renderer but for some reason con&sin functions don't seem to work and it doesn't render anything.  I've revised the maths involved and seems correct.  I've revised my old C sources, and it seems exactly the same, both using radians (as FPC documentation say), etc.  But it still doesn't render!  :o

Well, actually I introduced a bug that made it render something (when I fix the bug it doesn't render anything), but it's highly deformed.  I really don't know what's wrong.  >:(

[edit] I'll try again from scratch.  May be I can do something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:18:00 pm by Ñuño_Martínez »
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 02:21:28 pm »
@Nuno: you can put your code here if you want some help.

@RWC: it is already good, however you need to post your code to be "in".

TinyPortal © 2005-2018