Recent

Author Topic: make and install component  (Read 8536 times)

Anonymous

make and install component
« on: June 08, 2004, 08:35:00 pm »
I am trying to build Lazarus with the latest fpc. I followed the tutorials and successfully built the original Lazarus from source. Now I'm trying to install a component in the IDE, but I get an error in lazarus.pp; Can't find unit INTERFACES. Paths set correctly. I am using a win32 port of GNU-make instead of fpc make, because I have Lazarus installed on d partition. From outside of Lazarus, I am able to 'make' it (with both makes, fpc and GNU), but my component is not installed in the IDE. Can anyone help me, I really have no clue what to do. I probably wouldn't bother this group so much, but I can't find any documentation on issues like this.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 08:45:10 pm »
The error in the debug window is this:

### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found "ide.inc"" at Line
=37 Col=5 in "D:\Users\Gasper\dev\lazarus\/\lazarus.pp"

The error in message list says Can't find unit INTERFACES

Looks like some DirectorySeparator issue?

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 11:17:06 pm »
It is probably not a directory separator issue, what you are seeing is IMHO most likely only an error in the interpretation/presentation of the error.

Have you read this topic: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=258

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:33:21 am »
Thanks, this seems my problem exactly, I will do as suggested in that thread

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:43:03 am »
After following the instructions, another error occured.

A message box pops up with text
[
Unable to find file "".
Check search path in
Project->Compiler Options...->Search Paths->Other Unit Files
]

In the messages box, it says
[
"Compile IDE (without linking)" completed
Fatal: Unable to open file D:UsersGasperdevlazarusidemake.cfg
]

This is weird, the file name is surely supposed to be D:\Users\Gasper\dev\lazarus\idemake.cfg, and it exists.
Have you got any ideas how to solve this?

Also, is there a component installing guide somewhere? Or, even better, a tutorial on how to port delphi packages to Lazarus?

Best regards

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 02:03:06 am »
After playing around with it, I've managed (= it succeded at random) to get to the end with the message in the compiler messages box:

[
"Make examples" completed
Fatal: Unable to open file D:UsersGasperdevlazarusidemake.cfg
]

Same message dialog box pops up. Seems to me that it managed to compile everything (examples are the last in the list), yet it still has some problems. Also, the component is not in the palette, not even after restart.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 08:35:15 am »
Although examples is last in the list, it is not build last. The IDE is linked (not compiled) after the building of the examples.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 11:45:23 pm »
I see, so the IDE never gets compiled, and that's why I don't see any components installed. I will assume there is a bug somewhere :)

Also, I'd like to know what is with these packages and custom components. What I understand is the installed packages are (similar to delphi) a group of components and linked units. So installing a package should install one (or more) components in the IDE. What about custom component? Is this meant to be a quicky for us users to install a component without including it in a package and installing it?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 11:53:17 pm »
Oh, I forget to ask, is there a way to "Build Lazarus" externally? Making it from source works, but that is not what the menu option does.

Regards,
G

fatg

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:26 pm »
Problem solved!

After the 'Build Lazarus' option from the menu compiles packages and everything, it fails to compile/link IDE. I closed Lazarus, went to lazarus dir and ran
make ide OPT=@idemake.cfg

It compiles ok. Got that line from docs/packages.txt. The components now appear on the palette and seem to work fine.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018