Recent

Author Topic: How to define application name and icon(s)  (Read 5714 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
How to define application name and icon(s)
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:55:59 am »
Hi

In the last release of LAMW, I can set  easily the application title displayed on form, and this is fine.
However, I think ActionBarTitle could be abtTextAsTitle by default...

But I have not found how I name the application, this name being displayed on the desktop and in the application manager.

And where can I set icons or png files for the application ?   
I tried to replace ic_launcher*.png but it does nothing, I have only the standard Android icon.

Thanks for help.

Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: How to define application name and icon(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:21:48 pm »
Look at "Project > Project options...".  There's a tab where you can change both.  Also you can do that at the main unit (the one with extension ".lpr") modifying appropriate properties of object Application.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 09:25:10 am »
Hi

My question was for Android projects managed by LAMW : "Project options" has no effect on the icon name and image, and no lpr is used.

Your answer is about Lazarus projects for Windows or Linux, isn't it ?

Regards
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:04:50 pm »
Your answer is about Lazarus projects for Windows or Linux, isn't it ?
Yes, it is. I didn't know Android needs other ways.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:03:39 pm »
Hi

To change the application name, the only way I found up to now, was to recreate a new project and to specify the name at the very first step in LAMW.

And to setup icons, I copied them manually in the <project_dir>res\drawable_*dpi directory. 5 icons with various size are required.

It works, but not so easy as common Windows and Linux projects...

truetom

• http://sourceforge.net/projects/laz4android/
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 02:42:22 am »
Hello, tintinux!

Change the application name , you just edit the file in the project path \res\values\strings.xml ,like this:

<string name="app_name">this is your app name</string>

if not English character , you need save as the strings.xml file to UTF8 format.

Thanks and best regards!
laz4android : a Lazarus for Android Package.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/laz4android/

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 10:04:40 am »
Ok, thanks for the hint !

I hope that someone will be able to update automatically the tag value in this file from the Application Title visible in Project Options ! 

A funny thing is that another tag "hello world" is added by LAMW when the project is created. 

Code: XML  [Select][+][-]
  1. <string name="hello_world">Hello world!</string>

It is not really useful, but if I remove it the APK can't be built.

Best regards

TinyPortal © 2005-2018