Recent

Author Topic: Android 5 Lollipop  (Read 4337 times)

polypress

Android 5 Lollipop
« on: May 01, 2016, 01:55:38 pm »
I have many laz4android derived apk packages which run well on android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) but on purchasing a new phone which runs android 5 (Lollipop) the applications fail with the message "Unfortunately, [app] has stopped". On removing code from the app, it does display when only the Form is present; if I add any component (EditBox, Button, Label) I get the same message. Apk packages derived from Eclipse run OK, so I assume it's a problem linked to lazarus and/or MainActivity.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Regards

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
Re: Android 5 Lollipop
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:46:12 pm »
This error was discussed several weeks ago. You can find more information by searching previous threads.

polypress

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:04:07 pm »
Thank you Handoko. I had searched for Lollipop (nothing found) and "Android 5" (requires no single characters; I didn't search for "Android 5.0").
Having traced the various replies to "Running app on Android 5.0.1+" but there seems to be no resolution.

Does anyone have any update with CustomDrawn?

Regards

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:00 pm »
I tried laz4android + CustomDrawn, but fails on my Android 5 phone. Now I'm learning Android Module Wizard (LAMW) which is so far seems no problem with Android 5. LAMW is harder to learn especially for beginners. But it comes with lots of demos and has many features that are great, like configuring app permissions, form behaviors, OpenGL ES support, accessing web and camera, etc.

While waiting experts to fix CustomDrawn/laz4android with the Android 5 issue, you may try learning LAMW. Believe me, you won't regret.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018