Recent

Author Topic: About lazreport 1.0.1 (january 2016) upgrade ...  (Read 13113 times)

jesusr

Re: About lazreport 1.0.1 (january 2016) upgrade ...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:21 pm »
For the record, the "Master/Detail" problem in LazReport was caused by a SqlDB bug on their bookmarks handling. Yep, it may be seen as LazReport bug and for this reason I have disabled by default the LazReport feature that could bring to surface this SqlDB bug in r52241.

Jesus, is there a bugreport about this bookmarks handling? I'm using bookmarks (not related to LazReport) and I would like to know if I can get unexpected behaviour.

See issue #26132 and issue #26146

Also, does this Lazreport problem appear with other libraries or only with SQLdb? If it works well with Zeos, then perhaps you should not just disable this feature.

The problem is triggered by one specific (and rare?) situation, if you have two datasets in master/detail relationship and before vising every record of master and detail datsets one saves both bookmarks with the purpose of restoring them back once processing have ended, then in this situation sqldb will fail. LazReport tried to do this in an attempt to preserve the cursors on the datasets it works with, in case the dataset were linked to dataset gui controls so the end user does not notice any visible change, now this chore is left to the programmer.

The reason why it fails and why it cannot be easily fixed in sqldb is explained in the comments of the bug reports.

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
Re: About lazreport 1.0.1 (january 2016) upgrade ...
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 11:12:45 am »
See issue #26132 and issue #26146

I see, thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018