Recent

Author Topic: Problem with Packages  (Read 2028 times)

TRNelson

Problem with Packages
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:19:02 pm »
I am having some problems understanding what is going on with my project in respect to packages.  I am finding this whole business exceptionally confusing.  I have a project that works just fine.  I am creating another one that is much the same and uses all the same units and packages.  However, I can not get it to compile.  As far as I know, the packages I need are already installed.  I can successfully compile the old project

Hopefully the attachments are useful in giving me direction. If not, please ask for more information.  I admit to being a newbie here.

I should add that the project inspector screen for the old project does show the spreadsheet package.  I have no idea how I got that there the first time.  The instructions for adding that were very confusing to me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:22:17 pm by TRNelson »

balazsszekely

Re: Problem with Packages
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »
However, I can not get it to compile
What is the exact error message?

PS: Sorry, somehow I missed the first screenshot! See @wp's answer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:30:49 pm by GetMem »

wp

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 07:25:31 pm »
The message says it all: Your project requires the package laz_fpspreadsheet, but this is not in the project's package list. Just click "Add" / "New requirement" and select "laz_fpspreadsheet" in the package combo. Then the compiler should be able to find "fpstypes".

TRNelson

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »
The message says it all: Your project requires the package laz_fpspreadsheet, but this is not in the project's package list. Just click "Add" / "New requirement" and select "laz_fpspreadsheet" in the package combo. Then the compiler should be able to find "fpstypes".
Well there you go!  I don't remember doing that.  It worked just fine!  Thanks!

:)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018