Recent

Author Topic: Exisitng Presentations about Lazarus and FPC  (Read 2281 times)

Gizmo

Exisitng Presentations about Lazarus and FPC
« on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:21 am »
Hi

So fed up I am with everyone asking me what I use to develop my programs and reacting with "Oh, why don't you use C or Python" when I tell them I did with Freepascal and Lazarus, that I'm doing a little talk in November  (a presentation of sorts) to try and spread the word about Lazarus IDE and FPC itself to about 300 people who work in my area of computing. I'd say about 30% of them are programmers from various languages : C, C++, mostly Python, some Java and some .NET.

I want to try and highlight the many strengths of Lazarus and FPC and make people understand why its so good. I don't intend to belittle other languages or IDE's - I just want to point out how productive Lazarus is to ones' software development.

Whilst I can do a fair job of this myself, I wanted to know if anyone has an existing presentation that I could see and either use or adapt for my own delivery; I'd credit and acknowledge existing authorship of course.  I found these which look great https://prezi.com/fwpjwtzspoj4/the-world-of-lazarus/ but they seem a little too brief and obviously the author had a lot of info in his head around each subject to talk about.

hnb

Re: Exisitng Presentations about Lazarus and FPC
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:51 am »
Checkout NewPascal initiative and donate beer - ready to use tuned FPC compiler + Lazarus for mORMot project

best regards,
Maciej Izak

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Exisitng Presentations about Lazarus and FPC
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:45:14 am »
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Press_Kit is actually good enough for shallow introduction (well, with compiler technical terms here and there). It should be extended to make a good presentation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018