Recent

Author Topic: Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile  (Read 7724 times)

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »
I thought it would be easy to compile for these platforms. And actually compiling runs fine for my exisiting program. But after adding the Qt4Pas libs and some other to UT I still cannot start the app from the shell because there is no connection to display :0. Of course, it's Mir! I have no idea how do deal with Mir or Wayland.
On Plasma Mobile I only had to add Qt4Pas and my app starts fine. I can change properties, eg setting it to maximized fills the screen. But I do not get any interaction meaning when I touch any tab or toolbar button it has no effect. Is this issue easy to solve?
And finally I wonder how to deal with the high resolution. What is the best practice, for instance to scale the font?
Lazarus 1.7 (SVN) FPC 3.0.0

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
Re: Ubuntu Touch and Plasma Mobile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:10:18 pm »
Most recent Plasma Mobile works! Now I have to solve the scaling issue. Any idea?

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:26:27 pm »
Not with qt4...if you're talking about hidpi...

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »
Setting explicitely the font heigth didn't help either. At least the menu bar is not changed, and tabs have still the same size. Looks like I have to find an own solution.

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:18 am »
Hello ocye,

How can I compile programs with Lazarus in  Windows that can runs on Ubuntu Touch?I have Ubuntu Touch (Ubuntu 15.04 (OTA-9.1) and i can try to compile something that works in this environment.

There is some optimized configuration in Lazarus?. Under Ubuntu Desktop simply I install Lazarus and compile...

Regards.
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:53 pm »
There are several tutorials how to compile from Windows to Linux. You also need to setup an ARM toolchain (look for the threads in this forum) and the Qt bindings (wiki has some infos). If you manage all these steps you can compile for Linux/Arm against Qt widgets to run native programs on UT.

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 09:16:40 am »
Thanks Ocye, i will look for the info  8)
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 10:51:56 am »
There are several tutorials how to compile from Windows to Linux. You also need to setup an ARM toolchain (look for the threads in this forum) and the Qt bindings (wiki has some infos). If you manage all these steps you can compile for Linux/Arm against Qt widgets to run native programs on UT.
If you have too much trouble to setup everything required, then quite a lot is already setup for you in CT:
http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/forum/rapberrypi/3489-raspberry-pi-3-model-b
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TinyPortal © 2005-2018