Forum > General

lazarus compile on any language

(1/1)

hengky:
Can Lazarus compile to any language like

- Lazarus compile  on php
-Lazarus compile on javascript
- Lazarus compile on java ( Like oxygene for java)
- Lazarus compile on perl,phython, ruby , rabbit, haskell , prolog or anything

marcov:
Only to JVM (Java bytecode), and that is not even default, and not entirely compatible.

(Object Pascal) is generally a quite lower level language comparable to C and C++, and compilation to higher languages like you name is generally not useful.

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: marcov on February 18, 2016, 03:22:47 pm ---Only to JVM (Java bytecode), and that is not even default, and not entirely compatible.
--- End quote ---
It is default, but yes there are some issues with some language features (and current java trunk is temporary broken)

--- Quote ---(Object Pascal) is generally a quite lower level language comparable to C and C++, and compilation to higher languages like you name is generally not useful.

--- End quote ---
If there is a JVM decompiler for that language you can first compile from FPC and decompile to f.e. Java itself. See http://jd.benow.ca/
Since there are Java2PHP, JavaToCpp etc. available, you may setup a complicated toolchain to recompile fpc code to sourcecode in another language.

marcov:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on February 18, 2016, 03:41:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: marcov on February 18, 2016, 03:22:47 pm ---Only to JVM (Java bytecode), and that is not even default, and not entirely compatible.
--- End quote ---
It is default,

--- End quote ---

In which one is it default ?

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: marcov on February 18, 2016, 03:51:31 pm ---In which one is it default ?

--- End quote ---
Ah, I see what you mean. I only meant that it is part of an official release: fpc 3.0.0 which I took to be default, unlike llvm for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version