Recent

Author Topic: Strange IDE Behaviour in OSX  (Read 3974 times)

wes12

Strange IDE Behaviour in OSX
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »
I'm trying to produce a Mac OSX version of a reasonably mature application developed in Lazarus on Windows (see http://www.78rpmcommunity.com/beta/pages/software) . I'm running OSX Mavericks on Virtual Box under Win 7.

When I start up the Lazarus IDE the Object Inspector doesn't show, and I have to start it from the View Menu. All my Forms, the source editor, and message window are visible. Toggle Form/Unit button works as normal.

I run the application using Lazarus, the IDE minimises, and the application runs as normal.

When I exit the application, the IDE returns but all my Forms aren't visible anymore. The Toggle Form/Unit button does nothing. To get a Form to show again, I have to close the relevant source file in the source editor and then reopen it.

I've tried saving the desktop and reopening it after a run - the Forms remain hidden.

I should note that I don't have the debugger installed yet - the code changes so far have been minimal, so many, many thanks to the Lazarus Team for all their work.   O:-)

Any thoughts folks?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:09:22 pm by wes12 »

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
Re: Strange IDE Behaviour in OSX
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:24:19 am »
Which versions of Mac OS X, Xcode, Lazarus and Free Pascal do you use?
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

wes12

Re: Strange IDE Behaviour in OSX
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:29:33 am »
I've moved on to a Mac-mini (2G Core 2/2G Ram) and also tried a MacBook, and still have problems, although the object inspector now remains visible. The form disappears from the IDE after I've run an application and then exited back to the IDE. This happens on all applications I write, no matter how simple.

Right clicking on Lazarus on the dock shows that with a simple single unit application, the form window is not present. See screen grab below.

Both run OSX-Lion 10.7.5,  XCode 4.6.3 (and command line tools), and the standard downloads for Lazarus OSX (fpc 3.0.0, and lazarus 1.6 i686).

The only additional components added to the IDE are the custom drawn components, and the simple applications I've tried coding do not use these components.

Edit to add: The form window does not disappear if I do not hide the IDE on run!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:46:13 am by wes12 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018