Forum > Other

building fpgui on Windows

(1/2) > >>

J Peasemold Gruntfuttock:
What is the least troublesome route to creating fpgui apps on windows please? Is there a simple, definitive user guide?

Thanks!

Leledumbo:
Read docs/INSTALL.txt and learn by studying the examples, they're quite comprehensive.

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on January 13, 2016, 08:50:00 am ---Read docs/INSTALL.txt...
--- End quote ---
Thanks.

Graeme:

--- Quote from: J Peasemold Gruntfuttock on January 13, 2016, 11:22:47 am ---
--- Quote from: Leledumbo on January 13, 2016, 08:50:00 am ---Read docs/INSTALL.txt...
--- End quote ---
Thanks.

--- End quote ---
If you are using Lazarus IDE, you can also install the fpGUI add-on package which registers 2 or 3 new project types. So then it becomes as simple as: Project -> New... -> fpGUI application.

Take a look at the <fpgui>/extras/lazarus_ide/fpgui_ide.lpk package. Open, Compile, Install and new project types should be available.

There are also useful Code Templates in <fpgui>/extras/code_templates/ directory.

Similar project templates and code templates exist for MSEide users too... in the <fpgui>/extras/mseide_templates/ directory.

Thanks Graeme. I don't know Lazarus, so it is probably best not to multiply my problems for the moment. I shall develop a batch script to compile everything. One way of discovering what the dependencies are!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version