Recent

Author Topic: Bitmap and Jpeg classes for backend use  (Read 6760 times)

NinoL

Bitmap and Jpeg classes for backend use
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:23:10 am »
Hi,

I want to use the graphics classes like TBitmap found in the LCL for backend stuff. i.e. not as apps running in X nor on the console - no interface required.
I know that I could use the FCL units such as FPImage abd FPWriteBMP etc. Before I get down an hack Graphic.pp, has anybody created such a unit?

theo

• Global Moderator
RE: Bitmap and Jpeg classes for backend use
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:51:06 am »
I'm currently writing such a thing. It works but is not ready for official release. It's only meant for loading and saving image formats without X, Winapi nor external libraries.
It can convert pixelformats, resample, copy areas, alphablend, monochrome etc but the canvas methods aren't implemented.
So it depends on what you want to do with it.
If you need fonts and drawing then it's nothing for you.

NinoL

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 12:09:41 pm »
I want to use a frame grabber to grab frames to memory. I will do all image processing/manipulation on the raw RGB/BGR data. It would then be nice to have the 'a la delphi' way of using TBitmap and JPegImage classes to process the bitmaps further at a higher level .i.e. JPG.Assign(BMP) and BMP.SaveToFile('xx'), MemoryStream.Assign(BMP) etc

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 12:32:38 pm »
I don't know exactly what you're expecting, but it could be the right thing for you.
If you send me your private e-mail somehow, I could send you a part of the code I have so far and you could see yourself.
But you should be aware, that it's fully "under construction", not cleaned and not for everybody at the moment.

NinoL

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 12:43:13 pm »
Thanks. Cool. Send to

TinyPortal © 2005-2018