Forum > General

type TPutItemIDEvent = procedure (Sender: TObject; ItemID: integer; Code: string

(1/1)

Rieske1969:
Hello there,

I am new to Lazerus but done some great development with Delphi a few years ago.
What I'm trying to do is create a simular type of application as I did with Delphi 7 but I'm running in to some problems.

There a two form, Main.pas and Settings.pas.
Settings.pas is called via a Button on Main.pas and I want to give a notification back from Settings.pas to Main.pas.

In Delphi I did it as follows:

Main.pas
-------------------------
private
   procedure PutItemSearchEvent(Sender: TObject; ItemID: integer; Code: string);

procedure TfrMain.PutItemSearchEvent(Sender: TObject; ItemID: integer; Code: string);
begin

end;

Settings.pas
--------------------------
type TPutItemIDEvent = procedure (Sender: TObject; ItemID: integer; Code: string) of object;

private
    { private declarations }
    fOnPutItemIDEvent : TPutItemIDEvent;
public
    { public declarations }
    property OnPutItemIDEvent: TPutItemIDEvent read fOnPutItemIDEvent write fOnPutItemIDEvent;

When I call the settings form there is an event that is instanced to a local procedure.

frSettings := TfrSettings.Create(self);
  frSettings.OnPutItemIDEvent:= PutItemSearchEvent;
  frSettings.Visible := false;
  frSettings.ShowModal;
  frSettings := nil;

In Settings.pas I can give the parameters: Sender, ItemID and Code back to Main.pas.

In Delphi this worked but in Lazerus I get the following error: 'main.pas(56,33) Error: Wrong number of parameters specified for call to "PutItemSearchEvent"'

What am I doing wrong?

Richard

howardpc:
You probably have {$mode objfpc}

So you have to explicitly use the @ operator:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- frSettings.OnPutItemIDEvent:=@PutItemSearchEvent; 

or use {$mode delphi}

Rieske1969:
Wow, that was quick (and painless)

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version