Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Printing Using the Textmode IDE

<< < (2/4) > >>

rvk:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on December 07, 2015, 06:47:37 pm ---@Rik: You obviously didn't try my code (again). >:D

--- End quote ---
How do you mean "again" ?? I always try code. So I don't see what you mean with again. I think you got me confused with someone else.

I did try your code and it says it can't find unit printers.

The only unit printers I can find is in Lazarus LCL. I can't find one in FPC. Can you direct me where I can find the unit printers in FPC? There is a unit printer (without the s) but that only creates a PRN-file assignment (which would normally be LPT1 as I remember).

Edit: So YOU didn't try your code in FP.EXE  >:D

Thaddy:

--- Quote from: rvk on December 07, 2015, 06:50:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thaddy on December 07, 2015, 06:47:37 pm ---@Rik: You obviously didn't try my code (again). >:D

--- End quote ---
How do you mean "again" ?? I always try code. So I don't see what you mean with again. I think you got me confused with someone else.

I did try your code and it says it can't find unit printers.

The only unit printers I can find is in Lazarus LCL. I can't find one in FPC. Can you direct me where I can find the unit printers in FPC? There is a unit printer (without the s) but that only creates a PRN-file assignment (which would normally be LPT1 as I remember).

Edit: So YOU didn't try your code in FP.EXE  >:D

--- End quote ---

No. I always test with fp.exe or from another editor if it is about fpc code. But I admit I was partly wrong as during the edits from you and me. But only partly.

Thaddy:
Anyway. It works. so submitter's question is answered.

rvk:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on December 07, 2015, 07:13:37 pm ---Anyway. It works. so submitter's question is answered.

--- End quote ---
Does it work in FP.EXE???? OP is using the textmode version of Free Pascal.

--- Quote from: Elap on December 07, 2015, 11:36:06 am ---Having used Turbo Pascal for many years I am quite happy using the textmode version of Free Pascal - but, out of curiosity, is it possible to access my Windows printer by using the Printers unit?

--- End quote ---

He's asking if he can use the printers unit in FP.EXE.
So the answer is NO, or do you have a solution which he can use to utilize printers.pas in FP.EXE?

Please note that this question is asked in the "FV/Textmode IDE"-subforum !!!

Thaddy:
Yes it works in fp.exe on my setup. If fp can find the LCL it simply works. I hardly use the Lazarus IDE (unless I have to)

But I made a mistake in assuming it was part of the rtl/fcl. Can still be done using printer.pp (without the s)but I just checked and that is incomplete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version