Forum > FV/Textmode IDE

Printing Using the Textmode IDE

(1/4) > >>

Elap:
Having used Turbo Pascal for many years I am quite happy using the textmode version of Free Pascal - but, out of curiosity, is it possible to access my Windows printer by using the Printers unit?

I love learning from manuals but I haven't managed to find anything so far.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Graeme:
Take a look at the Free Pascal Text IDE (fp.exe) - it has printing support. The FP IDE code is obviously available too, so browse and learn. ;-)  The joins of open source software.

Thaddy:
The very basics looks like this and prints to the default printer:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---program Project2;{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}uses  printers;var  prnFile:Textfile;begin  AssignPrn(prnFile);  try    Rewrite(prnFile);    writeln(prnFile, 'Hello, Printer World');  finally    CloseFile(prnFile);  end;end.
this also works with a windows printer.

rvk:

--- Quote from: Thaddy on December 07, 2015, 01:00:46 pm ---The very basics looks like this and prints to the default printer:

--- End quote ---
Does this work in FP.EXE ???
Printers.pas is part of LCL.
Is that available to FPC?

(did you try this code in FP.EXE ?)

(we are in the Textmode IDE-subforum so no Lazarus here :))

Thaddy:
@Rik: You obviously didn't try my code (again). >:D
I have a Lazarus installation , so that might be the case, but that unit should not be there in that case, because it is even TP compatible.. I'll have a quick check later.

[edit]
Yes it is LCL. (Which it should not be: it should contain simple text/textfile redirects.)
In that case it should be RTL but I have to check the content. Maybe it is too feature rich.
It is not very difficult to write a printers.pp for the RTL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version