Recent

Author Topic: Are there any helper libraries available for file management and strings?  (Read 2682 times)

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
I am doing some string and file management work and I would line to kmow if there are some recommended file and string helper libraries available.
Having to do List.IndexOf('aaaa') < 0 is getting tiring, and so is stuff like ExtractFilePath, ExtractFileExt etcetera.
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
I am doing some string and file management work and I would line to kmow if there are some recommended file and string helper libraries available.
Having to do List.IndexOf('aaaa') < 0 is getting tiring, and so is stuff like ExtractFilePath, ExtractFileExt etcetera.

Well: don't be lazy. Write your own shortcuts for these. And THINK about why these utility functions are not standard (maybe yet, if you add them). :)
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?

Well: don't be lazy. Write your own shortcuts for these. And THINK about why these utility functions are not standard (maybe yet, if you add them). :)

It is a new thing for me, and I am more interesting in seeing good examples and practices, before I make a hash of things.
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Writing your own wrappers over those functions shouldn't be difficult, their modularity is more beneficial in general. However, some people do write wrappers for their own general needs, so you might want to take a look in case some of them meet your criteria:
I remember ever seeing another 2 or 3, but I forget their names.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018