Recent

Author Topic: no .exe file when creating Program or Application in Lazarus  (Read 6648 times)

evansz

no .exe file when creating Program or Application in Lazarus
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:31:43 pm »
Im just a beginner writing in Pascal,  and faced the problem I cant solve by myself.
The problem is that there is no .exe file when creating Program or Application in Lazarus
It appears when I write some code, save it, then try to compile, and it gives the following error:
http://cs629110.vk.me/v629110623/168b1/6TTj-v_OG0s.jpg
BUT, when i compile first time(without saving), it does it good, and I can run and compile without any errors.
Hope guys you can help me, because last two days I was just saving code to the .txt file  %) :(
Maybe there is way to create dat .exe file manually?

taazz

Re: no .exe file when creating Program or Application in Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:51 pm »
Im just a beginner writing in Pascal,  and faced the problem I cant solve by myself.
The problem is that there is no .exe file when creating Program or Application in Lazarus
It appears when I write some code, save it, then try to compile, and it gives the following error:
BUT, when i compile first time(without saving), it does it good, and I can run and compile without any errors.
Hope guys you can help me, because last two days I was just saving code to the .txt file  %) :(
Saved where exactly? From what you describe it smells like a rights problem or an antivirus problem.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

evansz

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
Saved where exactly? From what you describe it smells like a rights problem or an antivirus problem.

looks like the place where I save it makes no differences, I tried desktop, lazarus folder, dysk C.

rvk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:16:47 pm »
Error 267 could mean "Could not execute: invalid directory (Win32 error 267)".

If you just create an empty application (just one form) without any code, does that generate a .exe ??

Did you change something in the project options?
In what directory did you try to save your project?
If your username has "special character" the desktop directory would too. Try to save the project to C:\Temp and see if the error remains.
What version of Lazarus and OS?

Otherwise you could publish your project (the empty-form one) via , Project/Prublish project, zip it and post it here. Maybe there is something wrong in the options.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:19:18 pm by rvk »

evansz

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 08:39:15 pm »
Error 267 could mean "Could not execute: invalid directory (Win32 error 267)".

If you just create an empty application (just one form) without any code, does that generate a .exe ??

Did you change something in the project options?
In what directory did you try to save your project?
If your username has "special character" the desktop directory would too. Try to save the project to C:\Temp and see if the error remains.
What version of Lazarus and OS?

Otherwise you could publish your project (the empty-form one) via , Project/Prublish project, zip it and post it here. Maybe there is something wrong in the options.

I didnt change anything
Actually, it works, i mean if i save it in c:\temp it compiles without any errors, can u tell me how i can fix it, so i can save it wherever i want?
or i should now save it only in temp?:S But anyway thank you, im so glad i can finally save it , at least somehow  :D ;)

rvk

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 08:43:51 pm »
Actually, it works, i mean if i save it in c:\temp it compiles without any errors, can u tell me how i can fix it, so i can save it wherever i want?
or i should now save it only in temp?
Well, then you should post the exact path you tried to save it before. like taazz asked for.
You say desktop but that's not an exact path.

C:\Users\Myname\desktop is an exact path. And if you Myname has special characters in it (i.e. éèï etc) Lazarus might have trouble saving to it.

You could create a C:\Project and save all your projects under that.
So:
C:\Project\Myfirstproject
C:\Project\Mysecondproject

(Spaces in the pathnames might also give problems although for me spaces are no problems)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:45:32 pm by rvk »

evansz

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 08:52:31 pm »
or i should now save it only in temp?
Well, then you should post the exact path you tried to save it before. like taazz asked for.
You say desktop but that's not an exact path.

C:\Users\Myname\desktop is an exact path. And if you Myname has special characters in it (i.e. éèï etc) Lazarus might have trouble saving to it.

You could create a C:\Project and save all your projects under that.
So:
C:\Project\Myfirstproject
C:\Project\Mysecondproject

(Spaces in the pathnames might also give problems although for me spaces are no problems)

oh, feel myself stupid now :-\  :(
 one of the folders from the path to dir where i tried to save  had special chars in it, so thats why it doesnt worked, i just renamed it now, and everything is okay, thanks alot! :)  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018