Recent

Author Topic: ZEOS install - noGUI Linux/FPC machine  (Read 2797 times)

dogriz

ZEOS install - noGUI Linux/FPC machine
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:57:33 am »
I have installed fpc 2.6.4 and fpc sources (from repository) on Debian 8 noGUI machine. So there is no GUI and no Lazarus, just fpc and fp-ide. Now, I am trying to install ZEOS stable 7.1.4 package. I have downloaded Zeos7.1.4.zip file and unpacked it in home directory. And I'm stuck. What are the next steps? I checked some docs about fppkg tool, but didn't find out how to use it to install zeos.
My goal is to create console fpc application that will use some zeos components for accessing dbs.
FPC 3.2.2
Lazarus 2.2.4
Debian x86_64, arm

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: ZEOS install - noGUI Linux/FPC machine
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 10:56:18 am »
You need to compile the units manually and put the path to those compiled units in directories menu of fpide or in fpc.cfg. Basically that's what a .lpk does when a package is added to a project: adding as many -Fu as required to the compiler's option based on its compiled unit path.

dogriz

Re: ZEOS install - noGUI Linux/FPC machine
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:59:49 am »
You need to compile the units manually and put the path to those compiled units in directories menu of fpide or in fpc.cfg. Basically that's what a .lpk does when a package is added to a project: adding as many -Fu as required to the compiler's option based on its compiled unit path.

It worked. Thanks.
FPC 3.2.2
Lazarus 2.2.4
Debian x86_64, arm

TinyPortal © 2005-2018