Recent

Author Topic: Setting default Environment Options  (Read 7375 times)

DaveA

Setting default Environment Options
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:05:58 pm »
How do I make the changes I make to the environment options stick? When I close Lazarus and re-open they are lost.

Dave

matthijs

RE: Setting default Environment Options
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:16:17 pm »
Which changes are you referring to?
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

DaveA

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 03:32:34 pm »
How about the width of the main menu? And I don't like to see the grid or have Snap to Grid enabled.

matthijs

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:50:03 pm »
I tried in 0.9.18. Removing "Show grid" check made the grid disappear, also after restarting Lazarus. Window placement seems to get lost. I guess that is broken somewhere before release of 0.9.18 (tested on Linux). The width's of the windows are preserved. However not all windows are restored.
So in short there seems to be a bug (at least in GTK widget) with regard to windows restore after a restart. 'Snap to Grid' and 'Show Grid' are working.
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

matthijs

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:18:28 pm »
To have your Windows restored like you left them when closing Lazarus go to Environment Options -> Windows and choose Custom position for the visible windows.
But Code-Explorer window is still not restored :(

DaveA

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 08:26:16 pm »
Under Windows, any changes I have made to the settings are lost when I exit Lazarus. I have used Custom position for the Main Menu. Show Grid and Snap to Grid are also forgotten.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018