Recent

Author Topic: ...does not support JavaScript, and now?  (Read 9837 times)

Onjahyr-BR

...does not support JavaScript, and now?
« on: October 08, 2006, 04:10:12 am »
Component TIpHtmlPanel does not support JavaScript, and now?

Necessary to present a HTML with a routine in JavaScirpt.

Exists another component or one another skill?

As it is bad to program in the Linux with the Lazarus. Very it is limited!

Four month creating a simple program, in the Windows would be only some hours...

TKS.

CCRDude

RE: ...does not support JavaScript, and now?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:55:50 pm »
Which other application development environment do you know that includes a full browser that supports Javascript?

If you call something very limited because of that, I have to disappoint you: every environment is very limited in that aspect! What you're expecting is a full browser, but a development environment is nothing that is there to provide full programs, but to provide you with the means to CREATE full programs. What would you expect next? Is Lazarus very limited because it doesn't include a full AutoCAD system? And hey it doesn't include a full Photoshop compatible graphics system, that's sooo limited!

I would name your lack of knowledge very limited, not Lazarus, sorry :p

A good developer finds a way to implement things with the options he has, and the options of Lazarus under Linux are not worse than the ones you have with Lazarus or Delphi on Windows.

Onjahyr-BR

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:00:12 am »
With the Delphi I make until the imaginable one.

The problem is not the Lazarus, is I myself that I do not know to create components, routines, etc... But the worse one of everything is my English! :lol:

But, the development in the Linux makes it difficult very. It did not say directly to the Lazarus and yes to the Linux.

I excessively need to inside implement the Javascript of the TIpHtmlPanel, I help me with this?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:34:34 am »
Quote from: "Onjahyr-BR"
The problem is not the Lazarus, is I myself that I do not know to create components, routines, etc... But the worse one of everything is my English! :lol:

A component is just a class that is derived from TComponent

There is a object-orientation tutorial here:

http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/Article.asp?Name=OOExample

If you have them, I also recomend that you read Delphi Help files about TComponent and other classes.

But, the development in the Linux makes it difficult very. It did not say directly to the Lazarus and yes to the Linux.

Yes, unix programming can be overwelming at first =)

I excessively need to inside implement the Javascript of the TIpHtmlPanel, I help me with this?

How much do you need it, and for when?

Developing support for Javascript in a browser is definetively not easy or quick. If you need this for tomorrow I recommend just using firefox for an external browser.

So, supposing I was going to add javascript support for our browser, I would start by researching how this is done. Doesn't seam a subject easy to find info about, but google is your friend.

My first idea is to take a very simple browser with javascript, understand it's source code, and reuse the javascript part. Here is a list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#JavaScript_support

From this website you have your first question. How much Javascript support do you need?? Surely the less, the better, and the easier and faster it will be to implement it!

Do you need:  JavaScript ECMAScript 3 DOM 1 DOM 2 DOM 3 XPath DHTML Ajax ???

If you don' t know what those mean, click on the links on that wikipedia page.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 02:51:42 am »
More information on the subject.

I know dillo, a very simple and small browser without javascript, and I decided to search it' s mailling list archive to see attempts to implement it. They could give lot' s of information.

I used this search string on google:

site:lists.auriga.wearlab.de/pipermail/dillo-dev/ javascript

Here is a nice thread:

http://lists.auriga.wearlab.de/pipermail/dillo-dev/2005-September/002806.html

Acording to this a javascript library exists our there and only needs to be integrated.

Onjahyr-BR

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:05:15 am »
My application open code based in javascript, see:

http://www.antssoft.com/htmlprotector/index.htm

I protect the code of curious, when the component opens (it calls the HTML) it will confide automatically (Javascript will be had).

ok? You adds some thing?

CCRDude

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:17:51 am »
Code obfuscation? And even through Javascript? Sorry to say that, but anyone knowing his way around will always get around that (the usual Javascript methods work for IE only most of the time anyway), and the worst thing imho is that this probably makes the page probably unreadable for disabled people using special reading hard- and software.
And if the display is integrated into your application anyway, you don't need any obfuscation on the display level since your own display doesn't have a function to display the source code of the displayed HTML?

Onjahyr-BR

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:25:48 pm »
Quote from: "CCRDude"
Code obfuscation? And even through Javascript?

Yes, I thus receive the HTML, necessary to open it in my program.

Sorry to say that, but anyone knowing his way around will always get around that

It does not have problem, the protection is not carried through by me, my program is who needs to open.

(the usual Javascript methods work for IE only most of the time anyway)

I obtained to open in the Firefox and the Konqueror, then it is not problem not. It does not have no routine more, is alone of decode code.

And if the display is integrated into your application anyway, you don't need any obfuscation on the display level since your own display doesn't have a function to display the source code of the displayed HTML?

I can request a routine of cryptograph of the entire archive, but it would have that using de-crypt (decode) in the memory without having that to create an archive HTML again? How de-crypt (decode) using SERPENT + SHA512 (component DCPhashes) in memory and open with the component TIpHtmlPanel???

TKS.

CCRDude

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 10:53:26 am »
Oh, external HTML, that's something else then ;)
Obfuscation is a clear sign someone doesn't want the contents to be used by third-parties. Are you sure you are not violating some elses copyrights by implementing display of those pages in your application? Keyword "deep-linking" (with different results in front of different courts, but still...).

"Work for IE" meant working with software for disabled people. Are you use software that reads the whole display to you, or a braille device? Probably not ;)

I don't really have a solution then, I only remember than the Javascript routines from Mozilla are in a separated library that is used by others as well.

Onjahyr-BR

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 11:59:02 am »
ok, tks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018