Recent

Author Topic: Making Executable for my Lazarus Project  (Read 3640 times)

odvesims

Making Executable for my Lazarus Project
« on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:13 pm »
Hey There!

I'm working on a Lazarus project and I want to make some sort of .exe file that I can use to install such project in a different machine. I tried with the "publish" option in the Lazarus IDE but that doesn't actually do what I was hoping (Thought it'd be similar to Visual Studio's publish). Is there a way to pack all my project modules and make a .exe file that i can use to install it everywherelse? How does Lazarus deals with this?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

derek.john.evans

odvesims

Re: Making Executable for my Lazarus Project
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »
Thanks derek, that worked beautifully! Now, I'm wondering how to allow my application to be installed in Linux distribution OS...

derek.john.evans

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:16:46 pm »
Cool, yea, I've loved InnoSetup for years. Lazarus uses it for the Win32 installer.

For Linux, look into creating Debian or RPM packages. Ive never done that, but it looks like there are a number of GUI front ends to help

Basile B.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »
This would be great if someone could publish a wiki page about how to make DEB or RPM. A few weeks ago i've managed to make a RPM but I was very disapointed to see that the sources are deleted after each construction of the package. :(

But this has to be done since on nix all the executables stand in the same folder there's always a risk that a package provides the same file(s). Consequences can be dramatic.

I've followed this http://stackoverflow.com/a/18684749

About the GUI editors take care. I remember that i installed one made with mono but the software was not running after setup. You see the thing: the guy makes a RPM to distribute a software that's used to make RPM. But his RPM fail to setup the soft correctly... :-X
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:32:40 pm by BBasile »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018