Recent

Author Topic: Problems with SQLdb associations with more than one form.  (Read 3901 times)

K.T.E

Problems with SQLdb associations with more than one form.
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:58:17 pm »
Hi. My name is Alex and i from Brazil. First of all, i want to thanks all the comunity to make Lazarus a better IDE for make Windows / Linux software. ^^

I think it's not exacly a problem, but pehaps it's a noob question mine. ^^''

Er... well, i'm working with Lazarus to try and make a system to my Final Project on University. The first form worked perfectly on Lazarus, with login / password search on FireBird (the database i'm still using).

Hm... the problem is... i can't associate the login form with another forms to re-use the database connections components, like TIBConnection and TSQLTransaction. In Delphi 5, i remember that i only need to create under the section implementation, the section "uses" and put the units that have the components inside. So the frmCadCliente could use the Database connection from frmLogin.

Well, i made this and i got no results. In Lazarus this is possible? If yes, how can i do it?

Hm... the other problem i have, is to make reports. I know that we have only Lazarus Report, ReportLivre and BrazLib to use, but... exists other way to make it? Even if it needs to make it with my hands, coding. Is possible to make a report on text file (for notepad) and later print it?

Thanks people. :)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: Problems with SQLdb associations with more than one form
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 12:12:41 am »
Quote from: "K.T.E"
Well, i made this and i got no results. In Lazarus this is possible? If yes, how can i do it?

Create a OnCreate event handler for your form, then manually add code to make those connections.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018