Recent

Author Topic: Word Processing documents  (Read 11946 times)

thaimann

Word Processing documents
« on: October 02, 2006, 03:50:18 am »
Is there a component, procedure or function to create wordprocessing document in any of the following formats:

Open Office
Word
AbiWord
WordPerfect
Rich Text Format?

Thx,   Terry

Phil

Re: Word Processing documents
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:18:04 pm »
Quote from: "thaimann"
Is there a component, procedure or function to create wordprocessing document in any of the following formats:

Open Office
Word
AbiWord
WordPerfect
Rich Text Format?

Thx,   Terry

Rich Text is a well-documented text-file format that can be read and written by Word and Open Office and I believe also by AbiWord and WordPerfect too.  Since it's a text format like HTML you could create simple .rtf files yourself by just outputting the RTF control words and text to a text file.

Free Pascal's FCL includes an RTF parser in unit rtfpars. It's possible to run this "backwards" to create RTF files as well. If we had a place to post code files I could post a class I developed that uses the RTF parser to do that.

As I recall there are also bugs in the parser unit.

CCRDude

RE: Re: Word Processing documents
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:38:19 pm »
Wikipedia does even include a simple example of a RTF file :)

Code: [Select]
{\rtf1\ansi{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss Helvetica;}\f0
Hello!\par
This is some {\b bold} text.\par
}

The first line defines the fonts used (font 0 = swiss/Helvetica). Then a few \par for new parapgraph and the bold is easy.

theo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 06:39:36 pm »
Free Pascal's FCL includes an RTF parser in unit rtfpars. It's possible to run this "backwards" to create RTF files as well. If we had a place to post code files I could post a class I developed that uses the RTF parser to do that.

Hi, I'd be interested. Isn't there any place you could post it?

Phil

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:33:37 pm »
Quote from: "theo"

Hi, I'd be interested. Isn't there any place you could post it?

Sorry, no I don't.

It would be nice if we had a Subversion-based place where registered Laz forum members could commit and checkout code files that they've developed that aren't appropriate for including with Laz.

Documentation for these additional units and components can be placed on the Lazarus documentation wiki, but any code more than a few dozen lines doesn't belong on the wiki.

Thanks.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
RE: Re: Word Processing documents
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:59:28 pm »
If it is only a couple of lines, put it on the wiki, like the external programs page.

If it is bigger, create a source zip and send it to me, I will put it on the Lazarus CCR download site on sourceforge, if there is a short description of the source.zip (at least author and license). Look for similar examples at the wiki.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 01:09:18 am »
Quote from: "Phil"
It would be nice if we had a Subversion-based place where registered Laz forum members could commit and checkout code files that they've developed that aren't appropriate for including with Laz.

Actually we already have a subversion. Ask Vincent for write access to the lazarus-ccr subversion.

Here are instructions to download what´s currently on the subversion:

http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=92177

Phil

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 10:43:48 pm »
Quote from: "sekel"

Actually we already have a subversion. Ask Vincent for write access to the lazarus-ccr subversion.

That's a great idea. I wouldn't need write access to the entire https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/ repository, just to, e.g., https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/myproject. Does Subversion permit that level of access control?

Thanks.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 01:44:40 pm »
Quote from: "Phil"

That's a great idea. I wouldn't need write access to the entire https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/ repository, just to, e.g., https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/myproject. Does Subversion permit that level of access control?

It is possible to do that with Subversion, but unfortunately, the svn server provided by sourceforge hasn't enabled that option.

So, I only enabled the commit access to the svn server of lazarus-ccr to a few people who are developing components. If you want to publish examples or components a couple of times, rather than sharing the development, then you send me the source zip and I put in the download site of lazarus-ccr.

Phil, what are your intentions exactly?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018