Recent

Author Topic: Linux/UFT-8 -- SQLite -- Win/ISO8859-1 --> problem  (Read 4467 times)

chrnobel

Linux/UFT-8 -- SQLite -- Win/ISO8859-1 --> problem
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:32:02 am »
Hi.

I have also written this question in Lazarus General, but maybe it is more relevant here.

I am trying to make an application, which shall be available on both Windows and Linux, and sharing the same SQLite database.

I first made the application on my Ubuntu 6.06, which uses UTF-8 as default, but then when opening the project in Windows (ISO 8859-1) labels and buttons with Danish characters (æøå) are garbled.

This is to live with, as it not a big issue to maintain two applications, but my biggest problem is, if there are entered danish charecters in the database using the Linux application these characters are garbled in the Windows application and reverse.

So the big question is, how can I make a database application, which is able to deal with data entered differently depending on whether it is a Linux UTF-8 machine or a Windows ISO 8859-1 machine?

And I am not keen on doing conversions, as I am using dbgrids in the application.

Thanx
Christian

CCRDude

RE: Linux/UFT-8 -- SQLite -- Win/ISO8859-1 --> problem
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:31:58 pm »
Didn't you post the same question in another section a few days ago? ;)

chrnobel

RE: Linux/UFT-8 -- SQLite -- Win/ISO8859-1 --> problem
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »
I did, which I actually also excuses for in the first line, but I felt that I maybe did misplace the question the first time. :oops:

Christian

TinyPortal © 2005-2018