Recent

Author Topic: Header translation question (callbacks)  (Read 5351 times)

CCRDude

Header translation question (callbacks)
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:36:49 pm »
The header parser that processes the whole frameworks sadly isn't able to parse single files.
Even when reconstructing a ".framework/Headers" structure.
I've written two header translations myself, but am at a loss currently where it comes to callbacks:

Code: [Select]
#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
@interface LLInstalledApps : NSObject
+ (NSArray *) runningApps;
- (BOOL) appsInstalledWithScheme:(NSString *)applicationScheme;
+ (NSDictionary *) appsInstalledWithSchemes:(NSArray *)applicationSchemes;
+ (NSDictionary* ) appsInstalledWithSchemes:(NSArray *)applicationSchemes withProgressCallback:(void (^)(id))callbackBlock;
+ (NSArray* ) appsInstalledWithSchemes:(NSArray *)applicationSchemes withProgressCallback:(void (^)(id))callbackBlock maxSize:(int) maxSize;
@end

My interpretation was:
Code: [Select]
type
   TLLInstalledAppsCallback = procedure(callbackBlock: NSNumber); cdecl;

LLInstalledApps = objcclass external (NSObject)
   public
      class function runningApps: NSArray; message 'runningApps';
      function appsInstalledWithScheme(AScheme: NSString): boolean; message 'appsInstalledWithScheme:';
      class function appsInstalledWithSchemes(ASchemes: NSArray): NSDictionary; message 'appsInstalledWithSchemes:';
      class function appsInstalledWithSchemes_withProgressCallback(ASchemes: NSArray; AProgressCallback: TLLInstalledAppsCallback): NSDictionary; message 'appsInstalledWithSchemes:withProgressCallback:';
      class function appsInstalledWithSchemes_withProgressCallback_maxSize(ASchemes: NSArray; AProgressCallback: TLLInstalledAppsCallback; AMaxSize: integer): NSArray; message 'appsInstalledWithSchemes:withProgressCallback:maxSize:';
   end;
// ...
procedure schemesCallback(callbackBlock: NSNumber); cdecl;
begin
   dbg('Hello World');
end;
But these callbacks lead to an EXC_BAD_ACCESS.

Any help how to:
1. properly implement the callback here, or
2. get the header parser to work on single files correctly

Jonas Maebe

Re: Header translation question (callbacks)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:07 pm »
The correct terminology for those callback parameters is "block" or "C block". The Objective-C header translator does not support them, because until recently, FPC itself did not yet support blocks. However, there is now limited support for them in trunk, see http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_Trunk#Support_for_interfacing_with_C_blocks_functionality

The translation of the type "(void (^)(id))" in Pascal is

type
  tidblock = reference to procedure(obj: id); cdecl;

CCRDude

Re: Header translation question (callbacks)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:11:17 am »
Wow! Can't say how happy I'm about FreePascal every day :)

Still remember times when I filed bugs with CodeGear/Emba and either was told it was "by design" or ignored until years later it might happen.

How awesome is this instead?

Created the whole environment with cross compilers again, updated the project to use the new compilers, and now it compiles these blocks, and they work.

Many thanks for pointing this new feature out to me!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018