Forum > FPC development

Recompile changed FPC RTL unit

<< < (2/2)

Ondrej Pokorny:

--- Quote from: Jonas Maebe on March 10, 2015, 12:24:36 am ---
--- Quote from: ondrejpokorny on March 10, 2015, 12:21:15 am ---
--- Quote from: Leledumbo on March 09, 2015, 05:36:29 pm ---Do make inside RTL folder

--- End quote ---

This looks very promising. Although I am not really successful.

--- End quote ---

Please don't do that. And if you start doing that anyway, never report any bugs before performing a complete make and install (like you have been doing until now) and reproducing the problem that way.

--- End quote ---

I see your point. Sometimes it's hard to know what advice to follow. Thanks!

Leledumbo:

--- Quote from: ondrejpokorny on March 10, 2015, 12:21:15 am ---It does produce .o and .ppu files but the Lazarus compiler doesn't seem to notice that (breakpoints at the old places, running old code) - what I am doing wrong? (The full build works fine.)

--- End quote ---
Rebuild your project, clean up build files first if needed. The IDE might think no change required because executable is up to date.

--- Quote from: Jonas Maebe on March 10, 2015, 12:24:36 am ---Please don't do that. And if you start doing that anyway, never report any bugs before performing a complete make and install (like you have been doing until now) and reproducing the problem that way.

--- End quote ---
Meaning it's fine to do if you're not planning to report bugs with self-modified RTL. I did this when I need to debug RTL/FCL/Packages with old fashioned Write(Ln) due to certain things and it's fine so far. Full build takes too much time.

Ondrej Pokorny:

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on March 10, 2015, 12:49:57 am ---
--- Quote from: ondrejpokorny on March 10, 2015, 12:21:15 am ---It does produce .o and .ppu files but the Lazarus compiler doesn't seem to notice that (breakpoints at the old places, running old code) - what I am doing wrong? (The full build works fine.)

--- End quote ---
Rebuild your project, clean up build files first if needed. The IDE might think no change required because executable is up to date.

--- End quote ---

Of course I do that. But it still doesn't accept the new recompiled files. Nevertheless, I'll stay on the safe side I will do a full build every time. I don't fiddle with FPC sources that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version