Recent

Author Topic: Banana Pro / openSUSE 13.2 (!!!) / Lazarus is running, but no GUI to bee seen..  (Read 3311 times)

DerEinzigeKlaus

Fellow friends,
I am new to the world of Lazarus and FreePascal and Banana Pro since the begin of this year 2015, but not new to programming and computers at all.
Because of needs that I had to start programming hardware (the challenge of GPIO at Banana Pro) after years of absense I decided to use again the way of PASCAL - the only sense making way of program developement in the world  8-). But I had to face a problem - not on windows 7 64 prof., not on openSUSE 13.2 runing at a virtual machine in a virtualbox (of course there is a minor problem: the program stays shadowed after ending a runnig test program. Only a change to another workspace and back solves the problem), but at Banana Pro now since hours runing the new openSUSE 13.2. (out since some days)
Let me tell you: openSUSE is the best linux platform I found for all linux purposes at all. (Forget about Debian, Redhat, Ubuntoo and so on. I checked this since years and of course especially in this case. Since years I do follow the scenery, but the best solution stays openSUSE! - a lot of developement is still to be done in all cases but they do have the best base for "end users")
Back to the problem: I compiled as told. Result: the program is running, but there is no visual GUI interface as I am used in other distibutions. I can end the program via using the right mouse button option at the button instance at command bar and ALT-F4. (and of course "kill 'pid'") But no GUI to be seen. If I start at terminal I do see as last message and error message of gtk: - oh! - I had frogotten to tell you that in virtualbox I had the problem that the font size of the letters was not initialized correct - it was set to '0'. But I was able to correct manually by setting the correct properties in the properties dialog -
back to the message: (lazarus 1183): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_view_scroll_to_mark: assertion 'within_margin >= 0.0 && within_margin < 0.5 failed' appears 4 times and then all messages end.

That's my problem  :( :( :( :(
Please solve :) :) :) :)

Thanks  a lot for beeing patient with me

DerEinzigeKlaus

Fellow friends,

an additional Information just found out:

The Lazarus start up window seems to be placed onto the screen. The information of where the window is placed is to be seen inside the desktop overview sited in my taskbar. And the mouse is behaving as if the window is over there and is accepting the click commands. For example it is possible resize the window or to minimize or to close.

Next update:
Meanwhile I installed some more of gtk suff I found on the repositories of OpenSUSE 13.2. Then I recompiled Lazarus 'make clean bigide'.
The messages I had before disappeared. But the output is the same (until I found the hidden 'OK' for the first startus window now the sample Form1-window of a new project appears - yes it is to be seen!!! But only this... No IDE, no code-window, no nothing. But all are running as active).

The ERROR now appearing is:

NOTE: Window with stalled focus found!, faking focus-out event
NOTE: Window with stalled focus found!, faking focus-out event

I found that another fellow user of this forum has had recieved the same message followed by a crash.
Finally I do agree with him: There seems to be some incompatiblity with the gtk libraries

Thanks! I do hope someone will find a solution.
But let me repeat: with OpenSUSE 13.2 running in a VirtualBox in a Windows 7 enviroment there is only little problem, but there is.

sorry about my english, but normally work with german language...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:28:02 am by DerEinzigeKlaus »

mai

• truther
did u install laz via FCPup ?

if not, do so. it'll probably work.

still error? just write down the sequence of steps u took, else its hard to follow ure problem
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:19:29 pm by mai »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018