Recent

Author Topic: fcllaz.pas(0,0) Fatal: Can not find unit system used by fcllaz of package FCL.  (Read 11474 times)

Paulinho Cé

Good morning, after a full day installing and configuring Lazarus, I finally managed to work with him in Mac OS environment. Compiles and runs perfectly but when I decided to create an EXE file to execute in windows, I received the message fcllaz.pas (0.0) Fatal: Can not find unit system used by fcllaz of package FCL.

I researched a lot and could not solve. Is there any article, tutorial or topic that really solve this problem? Thank you very much for your help, a hug.

GetMem

Paulinho Cé

I have fpc 2.6.4 and fpcsrc 2.6.4 instaled but when I run the command in terminal bash $ make all OS_TARGET = win32 CPU_TARGET = i386 get the message: bash: $: No such file or directory. What's wrong?

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
I use Lazarus on Mac regularly, almost everyday, and compile the same project on Windows and Linux. To do this I run Windows and Linux in VirtualBox.

I have never yet tried to cross-compile which is much trickier. Lazarus motto is "Write Once Compile Anywhere".

Cheers,
VTwin
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.0
macOS 10.13.6: Lazarus 2.0.10 (64 bit Cocoa)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.0.10 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.0.10 (64 bit on VBox)

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
I have fpc 2.6.4 and fpcsrc 2.6.4 instaled but when I run the command in terminal bash $ make all OS_TARGET = win32 CPU_TARGET = i386 get the message: bash: $: No such file or directory. What's wrong?
$ is not part of the command, it's a symbol that explains the current user privileges. $ is normal user, # is root. Moreover, as the article says, you don't have to build it from source for darwin host since fink already has packages for many targets.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:06:19 pm by Leledumbo »

Paulinho Cé

Good morning, after several attempts to install and uninstall the fpc, keep getting the error message and searched the folders: usr / local / lib / fpc / 2.6.4 / units the following folders exist only: i386-darwin, darwin-powerpc and x86-64-darwin.
No need to have something like win32 on this site? I'm lost and finding it all very confusing, the tutorials are very confused.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:49:18 am by Paulinho Cé »

Paulinho Cé

>:D >:D >:D nothing works in this cross compile ...

Leledumbo

>:D >:D >:D nothing works in this cross compile ...
Well, my system crosses to 8 different targets not including the host itself, so it's not the article to blame I guess. As I always told to those who just came to cross compilation concept: it's not a thing for the lazy to read or skimmers. There are probably ready made packages for them, as in your case and as I have read in the article. The concept is actually simple and generic for any supported targets, minus restrictions on several targets (such as crossing to OS X >= 10.8 ) or easiness for others (win32, win64). Now re-read the article, DON'T SKIP THE FIRST SECTIONS [1-7] and jump straight to your host, even worse then you blame the article.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:28:49 pm by Leledumbo »

Paulinho Cé

Good morning, I am not blaming the article, sorry if I did understand me wrong. What happens is that looking at usr / local / lib / fpc / 264 / found the following files: ppc386, ppcpc, ppx64 and samplesfg. Looking ahead in Units folder: i386-darwin, powerpc-darwin and x86_64-darwin. (fig 1) This seems to be the cross compile options that work in my Lazarus. Where are the other options like win32? that is what I need? Because the installation of fpc does not create these units? How to get them? Am I right in my thinking?
Developer/Lazarus/components/fpcunits/lib/ only i386-darwin (fig 2)
Thank you and a hug.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:44:09 am by Paulinho Cé »

Leledumbo

What happens is that looking at usr / local / lib / fpc / 264 / found the following files: ppc386, ppcpc, ppx64 and samplesfg. Looking ahead in Units folder: i386-darwin, powerpc-darwin and x86_64-darwin. (fig 1) This seems to be the cross compile options that work in my Lazarus.
Let me quote relevant parts of the article:
"The official FPC installer for Mac OS X/i386 includes a PowerPC cross-compiler and all units necessary to compile PowerPC programs (use ppcppc instead of ppc386 to compile your programs)."

"The official FPC installer for Mac OS X/i386 includes a x86_64 compiler and all units necessary to compile x86_64 programs (use ppcx64 instead of ppc386 to compile your programs or use fpc -Px86_64)."

So that's what you got.
Where are the other options like win32? that is what I need? Because the installation of fpc does not create these units? How to get them? Am I right in my thinking?
You wrote it in the 3rd comment on this thread if you want to build one from source yourself.
Again, this section in the article explains where you can get it.
Still haven't read the article correctly?

Paulinho Cé

I am Brazilian and my English is bad , translators are weak in technical terms so my difficulty.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:50:03 pm by Paulinho Cé »

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
What happens is that looking at usr / local / lib / fpc / 264 / found the following files: ppc386, ppcpc, ppx64 and samplesfg. Looking ahead in Units folder: i386-darwin, powerpc-darwin and x86_64-darwin. (fig 1) This seems to be the cross compile options that work in my Lazarus.
Let me quote relevant parts of the article:
"The official FPC installer for Mac OS X/i386 includes a PowerPC cross-compiler and all units necessary to compile PowerPC programs (use ppcppc instead of ppc386 to compile your programs)."

"The official FPC installer for Mac OS X/i386 includes a x86_64 compiler and all units necessary to compile x86_64 programs (use ppcx64 instead of ppc386 to compile your programs or use fpc -Px86_64)."

So that's what you got.
Where are the other options like win32? that is what I need? Because the installation of fpc does not create these units? How to get them? Am I right in my thinking?
You wrote it in the 3rd comment on this thread if you want to build one from source yourself.
Again, this section in the article explains where you can get it.
Still haven't read the article correctly?

Off topic: anyone knows how to change fpc to use ppcx64 as default, not ppc386 on Mac ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018