Recent

Author Topic: Interface suggestion  (Read 11172 times)

Kae756

Interface suggestion
« on: July 25, 2006, 12:21:41 pm »
couldn't lazarus have a interface like this ?
sample(compile this or look below, :) )
PS i love simple stuff

(http://kaemail88.googlepages.com/newide.JPG)

CCRDude

RE: Interface suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 03:16:45 pm »
The only thing I like more about your screenshot is the docking of messages, which in the current version regularly annoys me.
But since docking will come one day, it's not that bad ;)

Maybe you should describe your wishes in text instead of in a screenshot (which looks very much like the current IDE, so I don't really see where your preference are anyway ;) )?

Kae756

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:07:20 pm »
Well, fewer windows, and to be honest thats about it.
I really get to many windows, i am currently working with a 3 window project and they are already 3 to many, and besides them i have to open menu editors, lines editor and the ocasional option dialog
Docking may resolve some problems but we can't exactly dock forms or dialogs, and closing them is not a good option for me, :(
PS hope you actually understand my rather poor English

antonio

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:22:05 pm »
I liked it, but cannot download the sample project.

What about "skins" on Lazarus? You make a skin interface once and have skins as you want. Even a "Delphi" skin. And since Lazarus already has a skin, it can be more a question of documentation.

Skins also eliminates the problem of having to choose a necessary interface, or changing only skin when only a new skin is necessary. On the other hand, simplifies and standardizes the skin creation.

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:54:46 am »
What do you think dudes about a button with which you can "merge" the 4 windows (Main IDE, navigator, messages and code) in one window), this is sometimes usefull. A button to merge and "dismerge"(?).
The 4 windows are now sometimes useful, like when working with 2 screens, but sometimes unuseful, so why don't let the user choose its interface.

Bye

vaso

Re: RE: Interface suggestion
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:05:38 am »
As for me, it would be great if IDE would be look like MS Visual Studio 2005 - One single window, or like Delphi 2005 (and higher) one window for menu and tools, and another for code stuff - editor, messages, code browser and it all dockable. Oohhh, it would be great.

rollyar

Re: Interface suggestion
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 12:01:21 am »
Support the idea of vaso, is uncomfortable to have a window open for each unit, gimp realized this and in its version 2.8 changes a simple window (if I did not read wrong). I think having everything in one window helps, other sample netbeans ide is nice.

LazaruX

• Lazarus original cheetah.The cheetah doesn't cheat
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 02:50:03 pm »
I see this is an old discussion, but still niteresting
Rollyar, there is a component you can install that will merge the message window together with the code window, you should look here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Manual_Docker
Regarding the other windows, I think it will be implemented, but in a later stage. As far as I know (AFAIK), in the future there will maybe be an option to have the windows all floating, or toghether in one window, but thats not in the near future.

uuf6429

• C++: an octopus made by nailing legs to a dog.
    • Covac Software
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:43:38 pm »
I think having all windows into one is actually better.
I've used Lazarus on linux and there's a taskbar button for each window, which at the very least is 5.
Open another Lazarus project, with a couple of a design forms and it makes it 10+.
Looks like this problem doesn't exist on Windows.
Programmer (n): An organism that can turn caffeine into code.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018