Forum > General

Static code analysis

(1/6) > >>

jwdietrich:
Are there any tools for static code analysis available that support Free Pascal sources?

There are some for Delphi projects but I didn't find one that claims to support FPC. Who has experience with using these tools for Free Pascal code? Even better would be a dedicated tool that also supports testing complete Lazarus projects.

marcov:

--- Quote from: jwdietrich on January 10, 2015, 01:38:07 pm ---There are some for Delphi projects but I didn't find one that claims to support FPC. Who has experience with using these tools for Free Pascal code? Even better would be a dedicated tool that also supports testing complete Lazarus projects.

--- End quote ---

I used Peganza in the past because my previous employer had a license. It was nice, but not maintained. IIRC it is already unusable with D2006 constructs.

I must have Castalia somewhere (packaged with some Delphi), but it seemed slow etc, so I didn't install it the second time. I prefer separate tools to IDE Integration anyway.

skalogryz:
hmm... interesting.

2: jwdietrich are you planning to create a wiki page about it?
Peganza seems to be maintained (last updates the second half of 2014)
Castailia seems to be open source :)

skalogryz:
a crystal ball suggests that FPC syntax is not supported. fpc-passsrc is recommended for the update and usage :)

jwdietrich:
Thanks four your answers. I will give your suggestions a try.

@skalogryz: Well, I first want to improve my own code. Some of my projects are for medical application and therefore safety is an important concern. I want to adopt NASA’s 10 rules for developing safety-critical code, which requires static code analysis.  If this works and I have gained enough experience I am also willing to write a wiki article.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version