Recent

Author Topic: A Problem Getting Started  (Read 3617 times)

Honduras2811

A Problem Getting Started
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »
I decided to take on a long term project. When I started thinking about what programming language I wanted to use I realized that most of the languages I have are either 'out of date' or too quirky for my current level of masochism.

Having been a Niklaus Wirth fan for a long time, I started looking for something suitable this morning, and Lazarus looked pretty interesting, so I downloaded and installed it. I must say that, until this morning I had never heard of it.

One of the first things I decided was that I wasn't actually going to start on the project until I have the User's Guide on my desk, but I can't afford it for another two weeks. I want to take that time to start getting familiar with Lazarus  by doing whatever tutorials I can.

I'm hoping to find some suggestions on where to look for some good tutorials. Once again, it has been less than an hour since I finished installing the application, so I haven't had a chance to do any Googling yet. I'm just trying to get a little boost in getting started.

I would also appreciate any suggestions on additional books that would be helpful.
If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

Never

Re: A Problem Getting Started
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 12:06:16 am »
or too quirky for my current level of masochism
:) :D lol

you can start with this related thread [  http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,26633.msg163993.html ]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:07:52 am by Never »
Νέπε Λάζαρε λάγγεψων οξωκά ο φίλοσ'ς αραεύσε

Honduras2811

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 10:07:45 am »
Is there some way to mark a thread as 'Resolved?'
If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

miquelmatas

• Beginner forever.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:55:39 am »
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

specially "Start Programming using Object Pascal Language - Free book in English by forum member motaz"

--
Cheers.
Miquel.

howardpc

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:28:24 am »
Is there some way to mark a thread as 'Resolved?'

As originator of the thread you can edit it, including the title, and add [Resolved].

TinyPortal © 2005-2018