Recent

Author Topic: "Execution Stopped" message  (Read 28273 times)

theo

• Global Moderator

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
"Execution Stopped" message
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 12:34:45 pm »
To report a bug, you need to login in the bug tracker. Go to http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/signup_page.php.

There is no bad intent to ignoring bugs here, but a message is not looked at again (out of sight) once it is read. A bug report is out of sight, when it is resolved.

Pascaluvr

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:28 pm »
btdt and its all obscure.

the bug is reported here and been in existance for 2 years - perhaps if someone needs it in another forum they can move it there themselves - I have the resolution, so i dont need it - just that many others will.
Windows 7, Lazarus 1.0.8, FPC 2.6.2, SQLite 3

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 02:09:41 pm »
then don't ask why it isn't resolved if reported here
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Pascaluvr

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 09:31:12 pm »
Quote from: "Marc"
then don't ask why it isn't resolved if reported here

On jun 11, 2006 you asked:
Didn't the dpr to lpr conversion add the Interfaces to the lpr file (or did you a manual conversion?)

I simply tried to be helpful and reply to your question.  As I said - the resolution was provided in this thread and so its not an issue for me.  As a newbie I can't contribute anything towards development of lazarus, I thought that at least providing feedback on an unanswered question would be a tiny contribution.

Instead - I get criticised!

I guess this forum only wants to hear from 'experts'!

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 11:35:42 pm »
Yes, you can contribute. Posting bug reports is a form of contribution. And it's easy, and requires no programming =)

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 12:09:50 pm »
Quote from: "Pascaluvr"

I simply tried to be helpful and reply to your question.  As I said - the resolution was provided in this thread and so its not an issue for me.  As a newbie I can't contribute anything towards development of lazarus, I thought that at least providing feedback on an unanswered question would be a tiny contribution.

Instead - I get criticised!

Ok, don't get frustrated (all internet discussions have a tendency to evolve into a flame if they exist long enough ;-) ).
Just report the bug in the bugtracker. It's easy to do.

Quote from: "Pascaluvr"
I guess this forum only wants to hear from 'experts'!

I'm not an expert by a long way, but I managed to report several bugs in the bugtracker, some of which are resolved now.
Others are not, and this inspired me to try and solve the "easier ones" myself. I actually succeded in solving at least one bug (in the TSynEdit component)!
Currently I'm working on the TFind/Replace Dialog, which is broken at the moment

Coming from Delphi (3), I've had my fair share of frustration converting some (really simple) projects. I've learned to live with it.
Lazarus is still under development, so I take it for granted.
I just love the fact that I can do RAD/Pascal programming on Windows and Linux with the same programming tool and the same source-code on both platforms (within it's limitations).

When I tried Lazarus some 2 years ago, it did not work for me, but I'm impressed how much progress has been made since then.

Anyway, programming is just for fun for me. If it gets to annoying, just let it rest (for a while).

Bart

Pascaluvr

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 08:59:57 pm »
Don't misunderstand me - I think Lazarus is great.  I understand its still under development and so I can live with things like this.  My only beef is the arrogant and condescending way the old-timers respond to newbies.  By giving feedback to a question that went unanswered a year ago - I got criticised.  Hardly a way to promote involvement.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 11:26:11 am »
I didn't mean to criticize. You only got the standard answer which everyone (newbe or oldbe) will get if bugs are reported here. We don't use the forum as bugtracker, since you cannot track bugs here.
If you remind me that the bug is still there, OK, but it wont get solved unless reported. And if you work around it, it is fine with me. But it still won't get resolved.
Daily reading and answering here already cost me sometimes more time than I want, so since I've more things to do than creating mantis entries (like improving lazarus), i think it is reasonable that if possible, ppl submit their own bugs.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Pascaluvr

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 11:39:39 am »
Marc,

1 year ago you asked a question that no one answered.  As a newbie I answered. I got attacked by you for complaining that the 'bug' wasn't fixed! I never complained - I just gave requested feedback.

I may be a newbie but I refuse to be intimidated by unjustified arrogance.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
I didn't mean to attack you. I only tried (maybe in wrong wording) to explain that bugs won't get solved by itself. That explanation is not meant directly for you (I would have sent an email) but for anyone here using this forum.
The only thing a acted on was your reaction that you didn't report it since you worked around it, not remembering the thread well, I thought that you asked why it wasn't fixed. But it appears that you only answered my question. I was wrong there.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Stephano

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 09:09:49 pm »
Quote from: "Marc"
I didn't mean to attack you. I only tried (maybe in wrong wording) to explain that bugs won't get solved by itself. That explanation is not meant directly for you (I would have sent an email) but for anyone here using this forum.
The only thing a acted on was your reaction that you didn't report it since you worked around it, not remembering the thread well, I thought that you asked why it wasn't fixed. But it appears that you only answered my question. I was wrong there.

I feel everybody using Lazarus has a moral obligation to help development one way or the other, even by just reporting bugs. This is the least that can be done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018