Recent

Author Topic: Underlining in LazReport  (Read 2612 times)

bonbon

Underlining in LazReport
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »
I have recently started using LazReport, which is working well, except I cannot get it to print underlined text.  The text prints normally, but without the underlining.

The preview page shows underlining, but when I print, the underlining is missing (I have tried 2 different printers, and printing to PDF, all without success).

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, with Lazarus 1.2.0 and FPC 2.6.2.  The "About" option of LazReport says FreeReport Version 2.32.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Jkey

Re: Underlining in LazReport
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:55:40 pm »
I can confirm the issue. I managed to reproduce the missing printed underlines on a Linux Mint 13 Maya x64, with Lazarus 1.2.4. Win32 version of this release prints underline texts without problems.
As a temporary solution I suggest you trying Lazarus 1.0.14 version because that one printed the underlined text correctly under Linux. This might be a bug...(?) I tried to find the reason for this behaviour without success, but maybe it isn't a Lazreport related issue, is it maybe a cairocanvas issue? I'm not sure...

bonbon

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:48:12 pm »
Thanks for that.  I just tried Fortes4Lazarus, and it wouldn't print underlined text either, so it looks like it's not a LazReport issue, as you say.  If I'm feeling brave, I might take a deep breath and try Laz 1.0.14 (or I might just try to live without underlining).

Jkey

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:32:34 pm »
It seems to be a Linux specific printer bug. I have opened an issue in bugtracker, so you can follow the updates on it here:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26624

bonbon

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 10:57:22 pm »
Tremendous - I'll keep an eye on it.  Many thanks.