Forum > FPC development

[Solved] Problem extending FPC

<< < (2/2)

Mike.Cornflake:
Nice one  :D  I suspect make clean all install will be the bit I was missing.  Many thanks  :)

I also thought fpcup, and am currently in the middle of running this with the -keeplocalchanges parameter.  I was hoping to avoid this as fpcup takes a while to run (around 5 to 10 minutes), and didn't want to have to do incrememtal development (it's how I work) with a long build process in the middle each time.   Once fpcup has finished it's current run I'll give make clean all install a go :-)

BigChimp:

--- Quote from: Mike.Cornflake on June 28, 2014, 12:09:32 pm ---I also thought fpcup, and am currently in the middle of running this with the -keeplocalchanges parameter.  I was hoping to avoid this as fpcup takes a while to run (around 5 to 10 minutes)

--- End quote ---
Sure, that's why I have that buildonly ini section myself: by specifying those only= and skip= lines, you skip the svn update, make clean (ok, that's a bit naughty but speeds things up), just does the build and done.
It basically does what you're doing by hand but I'm so lazy/careless, I can't be bothered to type that all the time when developing fpc stuff myself ;)

Mike.Cornflake:
I missed the existence of -buildonly, many thanks for pointing it out.

The full run of fpcup indeed solved my problem.    Now to experiment with make clean all install (just so I understand what's going on), and then I'll make a new shortcut for fpcup for -buildonly :-)

Many thanks again

[UPDATE]  Just re-read your post.   I'll add the [buildonly] section to my inifile and create a new shortcut that calls fpcup with the --inisection...   :-)

BigChimp:

--- Quote from: Mike.Cornflake on June 28, 2014, 12:19:25 pm ---[UPDATE]  Just re-read your post.   I'll add the [buildonly] section to my inifile and create a new shortcut that calls fpcup with the --inisection...   :-)

--- End quote ---
Just for clarity to others who might be going through this thread - these are the relevant lines:

--- Code: ---only=FPCBuildOnly,LazarusBuildOnly,useride
skip=FPCCleanOnly,FPCGetOnly,LazarusCleanOnly,LazarusGetOnly,crosswin32-64

--- End code ---
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version