Recent

Author Topic: is lazarus have a function like delphi 'DllProc'?  (Read 7655 times)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: is lazarus have a function like delphi 'DllProc'?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 10:06:00 pm »
As I've seen in this form and what I've seen in the majority of the available FP/Lazarus documentation, a European dialect of the English language is used.
I remember the goal at least in Lazarus documentation is to use U.S. spelling with certain words like "color" instead of "colour".

Many, many words and phrases have one meaning in European/U.K. English while meaning something completely different to us English speakers in the U.S.
Can you please point such an example case in the documentation.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
Re: is lazarus have a function like delphi 'DllProc'?
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
One issue I am finding with FP/Lazarus documentation is its implementation of the English language.

As I've seen in this form and what I've seen in the majority of the available FP/Lazarus documentation, a European dialect of the English language is used.[...] Many, many words and phrases have one meaning in European/U.K. English while meaning something completely different to us English speakers in the U.S.

There's many "versions" of English. I'm from NZ and Australia.  I can easily cope with American English (perhaps TV has a lot for which to answer), European English, and English as a second language. While the syntax/spelling may be slightly different, the meaning is generally the same especially when it comes to technical literature. Apart from colloquial usage (eg "fair suck of the sav"), I can't recall coming across situations where the meaning was "something completely different". Perhaps you could provide examples?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018