Forum > PDAs and Smartphones

WinCE progress

(1/4) > >>

Sandeep Chandra:
Hi

I was just wondering where is WinCE stuff at. I haven't seen much info regarding it in the forums lately. Where can I get latest info about WinCE stuff? How many people are working on this? I need answers as I will try to put my case to use Lazarus on WinCE to my boss who wants to use CF. Should I really be pushing  Lazarus against CF for PDA development.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on following:
1. Can I write a commercial application using Lazarus?
2. Will I own the source code or will I have to open source it?
3. Can I sell these applications?

Thanks is advance.

Sandeep

Lord_ZealoN:
Well, I don't know who is involved in WinCe port, but you are helping to this project to growth, using it, reporting bugs, and of course, solving bugs through the Mantis BugTracking.

--- Quote ---1. Can I write a commercial application using Lazarus?
--- End quote ---

Of course. I eat, drink and live like you ;)

--- Quote ---
2. Will I own the source code or will I have to open source it?

--- End quote ---

No, the code will have the licenses you want.

But, if you modify something about lazarus itself code or freepascal code (both GPLed), this improvements are opensource too.

--- Quote ---
3. Can I sell these applications?

--- End quote ---

This is like point 1, true? Well..yes, you can. If you want, you can sell Lazarus itself, but you must offer the source (in GPL license).

GPL (opensource) <> Free

Free as speak, not as a beer <- remember this.

CCRDude:
Well, the main arguments against using Lazarus+WinCE in a end-user project for me currently are twese things:
1. the forms/windows are not yet fully fitting (forms can be moved, sub-forms do not appear completely at first)
2. threads: I have a button that starts a thread doing something that takes longer. Sometimes the thread starts, sometimes not.
3. the app I'm working on runs (except for #2) in the emulator, but not on the device, where it terminates after less than a second.

BUT: wit Lazarus, I've seen improvements every other day, so I'm staying :D

Which leads me to a question: where best to discuss WinCE problems? Shouldn't the be a WinCE subforum here? ;) And where exactly would I report problems to which bugtracker?

felipemdc:
> Which leads me to a question: where best to discuss WinCE problems? Shouldn't the be a WinCE subforum here?

Yes, seams a good idea to me.

> Wink And where exactly would I report problems to which bugtracker?

You report bugs on the main bug tracker. It´s the link called "Bugs" on the left part of lazarus website. It takes you to this bug tracker: http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/main_page.php

Then you can submit a bug as either a bug on the compiler or a bug on lazarus.

CCRDude:
Ouch, how could I've missed that bug tracker link :D
Thanks, I'll probably get around to debugging this weekend and will try to use the bugtracker then :)
(it's a bit complicated currently since I've got one machine that can compile for ARM, one that does run the emulator, and one that can upload to a real device :D )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version