Recent

Author Topic: FBLIB and data controls  (Read 7386 times)

AnnaDF

FBLIB and data controls
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:22:10 pm »
Hi all!
I'm a newby on Lazarus, but I have some experience with delphi and firebird... So I have found FBLIB components to access the database, and they work fine, but I don't find any components to show the data (combo, text, option,....)
Do you have some suggestion?
thanks!
Anna

Lord_ZealoN

• http://lordzealon.com
Re: FBLIB and data controls
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 01:32:53 pm »
Quote from: "AnnaDF"
Hi all!
I'm a newby on Lazarus, but I have some experience with delphi and firebird... So I have found FBLIB components to access the database, and they work fine, but I don't find any components to show the data (combo, text, option,....)
Do you have some suggestion?
thanks!
Anna

uhmm...i don't understand. You can get this components from the "Data Controls" tab.

Anonymous

RE: Re: FBLIB and data controls
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:21:47 pm »
How they work? I've installed this pallete, put the components into the form, but can not use tdatasource component to link it to the data controls components. On the other hand, I was able to connect the database using the pallete SQLdb, access a table via SQLQuery, but no changes were permited, of course, because this is a select statement. There are many types of statements, but how can I use it to access a table as I do in Delphi?

matthijs

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:47:09 pm »
Probably you are using a datamodule for the db-components? At this moment Lazarus doesnot support linking (in design time) of db-components with db-aware components in an other unit.
So you must put the link into place during runtime.
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:53:27 pm »
Quote from: "matthijs"
Probably you are using a datamodule for the db-components? At this moment Lazarus doesnot support linking (in design time) of db-components with db-aware components in an other unit.
So you must put the link into place during runtime.
No, I´m not using a datamodule yet, and the problem happened when I tried to link DataAccess to FBLib. I just had posted the question here when I notice that it could be a non implemented feature in design time. Actually I´m just testing Lazarus in order to, in a further time migrate from Delphi. Othe question is: Is there a TTABLE component ou something simmilar in Lazarus? It´s hard to have Data Controls like TDBGrid and can´t alter the contents of a table without any extra code.

Edwin

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 09:44:00 pm »
FBLib are No Data Aware. It might be better for you to use FIBL (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fibl/) or UIB (http://www.progdigy.com).

Good luck!

Edwin

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:45:57 pm »
Hi!
I have put on the form a database, a query, a transaction and one sees the other components... but when I put on the form a text box or a list, they don't see my database, and I cannot link them!
maybe I mistake something! ...it's correct?
thank you very much!
Anna

matthijs

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 07:39:57 am »
You also need to put a DataSource on your form and connect this to the query. Then when you place a DBEdit on your form you connect it to the datasource. After this you can assign a field to the DBEdit, which will then show the contents of the field.
Take a look at the Wiki to see tutorials and sample applications.

This page is aimed at MySQL but gives you an idea how to link dataware components to the database. :)
What's in a sig? Would my posting look less if it didnot have a sig? (Free after William S.) :)

:( Why cannot I upload my own Avatar? :(

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:16 am »
...but in fblib there is no dataset... and the dataset that I have found in data access components doesn't see fblib components. I try with UIB components, and with these the dataset works fine... Thanks for your help!
Anna