Recent

Author Topic: LiteZarus 1.0 +Laz4Android  (Read 15420 times)

picstart

Re: LiteZarus 1.0 +Laz4Android
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »
impressa I used the windows install (exe) file. It didn't place an uninstaller in the windows programs features section of the control panel.
 I have had unpleasant issues in the past with Lazarus as it often oozes out into other directories which makes uninstalling difficult especially without an uninstaller.
If I can uninstall it without having to restore my PC I'll try the 7z route you used. When an installer asks a user to name an install directory the installer should in my opinion be compliant and only use that directory exclusively ( no oozing into other directories unless permitted by the PC owner).
As an aside is your version able to be uninstalled.

jmpessoa

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 11:04:07 pm »
Hi picstart,

To save my main lazarus configs, I created a

"lazarus13.bat" with the this line:

C:\LiteZarus13\lazarus.exe --pcp=C:\LiteZarus13\myconfig

where \myconfig is just a temp directory to save configs locally...
Lamw: Lazarus Android Module Wizard
https://github.com/jmpessoa/lazandroidmodulewizard

jmpessoa

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »
 @x2nie,

...In designtime, TCarpetCanvas will use LCL TCanvas (graphics.pas) to render each widget into LCL form...

But I can not do  any reference/dependency to LCL in "Android Components Bridges" framework.... the [arm-android] cross-compile will fail to make the JNI ".so"

Ex. this code:

Code: [Select]
myAndroidWidget.Draw(Form.Canvas)
Will create a LCL dependent parameter.

A Solution is I use  "fcl-image" to component code auto-drawing [a class method?] and then in designer time[ DesignerMediator] transfer/copy the image to Form.Canvas. I will Try!

Thank you!

x2nie

• Impossible=I don't know the way
    • impossible is nothing - www.x2nie.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 10:18:33 am »
TCarpetCanvas is part of the trick, another ingredient to do the magic (of no depedency to LCL in runtime)
is to have 2 package: one for runtime only and one other package for designtime only.

So, I suggest you to also split your android package into two package too.

Detail:

CarpetsPack.lpk : it is runtime only. No depedency to LCL,
therefore the TCarpet.Color is Cardinal, not TColor.

CarpetsPack_designer.lpk: package for form designer, designtime only, it depend to LCL. but would not includes LCL when you are compiling the project. Therefore you can set TCarpet.Color with "clGreen" in ObjectInspector

When you were logged in, you can see attachments.
Lazarus Github @ UbuntuCinnamon-v22.04.1 + LinuxMintDebianEdition5

picstart

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »
There is disagreement as to how myconfig should be handled. Lazarus in my opinion took the default route of letting myconfig ooze elsewhere. It is like asking the valet to park your car in slot 5 and when you get it back you find the radio station selections have been altered.
Lazarus acts as the valet and I react as the owner. Now I have to preemptively stop Lazarus from changing my radio your solution is a one liner in a bat file easy enough I guess, but I sure wish the Lazarus valet just placed all the files where it was told to do so. The ooze creates addition effort for backup of lazarus ...I need to be careful of undisclosed ooze in all future Lazarus installs. Anyway next month I plan to clean up the  Lazarus ooze and start afresh with LiteZarus 1.0 +Laz4Android.

x2nie

• Impossible=I don't know the way
    • impossible is nothing - www.x2nie.com
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 05:13:23 pm »
@picstart:
Hi, I dont really know what you mean. My english vocabulary is poor, so I didnt understand your metaphor.

If you found any useful thing in LiteZarus, it is a goodnews for us. I am happy hearing that.
But I worry if you expect higher than what current LiteZarus could achieve. Basically I don't touch the installment section, meaning: LiteZarus has identical way of how Lazarus will be installed.

Anyway, I have several Lazarus versions (1.2.0, 1.3.trunk, 1.2.2, LiteZarus 1.0.master, LiteZarus 1.0.4Android & Laz4Android 1.1) installed in my Windows. And I still play with all of them  now.
So, it is not required to drop any installed Lazarus to play gracefully with LiteZarus.
In case you curios the way, here is the way to play with all of them:
1. compile LiteZarus
2. create a shortcut of compiled LAZARUS.EXE (of any version of lazarus or litezarus or laz4android)
    in windows is by right-click the lazarus.exe and in popup menu, click "create shortcut"
    there will be new file: "lazarus.exe shortcut" created.
3. create directory "laz-config",
    if your litezarus is C:\litezarus, there will be "C:\litezarus\laz-config" directory.
4. edit your shortcut (lazarus.exe shortcut) file by right click on it and click "Properties", edit the target textbox:
    before: c:\litezarus\lazarus.exe
   after:  c:\litezarus\lazarus.exe "--pcp=c:\litezarus\laz-config"
Now, you can run multiple lazarus (or with litezarus or with laz4android) and each other will never share their own configuration.
Whenever you want to play with one of them, dont forget to click / run the shortcut (do not click the lazarus.exe directly)

It is very useful in the way of using different fpc version for different lazarus.exe.
It also allow you to create multiple shortcut for different config-dir from single lazarus.exe, in case you want to try various configuration for single source-code base.

I hope it help you to keep your current Lazarus installations and in the same time you can will play another lazarus installation (which is LiteZarus) with different
configuration-directory (=valet parking or =not replacing previous radio station ?).

Cheers,
x2nie
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:42:47 pm by x2nie »
When you were logged in, you can see attachments.
Lazarus Github @ UbuntuCinnamon-v22.04.1 + LinuxMintDebianEdition5

jmpessoa

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 07:43:00 pm »
@picstart:

I also have several Lazarus installations. And I had already put my "hint" up there  ;D

Created a "lazarus13.bat" with the this line:
C:\LiteZarus13\lazarus.exe --pcp=C:\LiteZarus13\myconfig
where \myconfig is just a temp directory to save configs locally...
Now just run "lazarus13.bat"

@x2nie:

...But I worry if you expect higher than what current LiteZarus could achieve..

Yes, we need to understand that many things that we produce here in this forum  are experimental studies ["proof of concept"] whose "fruits" can only be reached after a hard work!

Yes, for me its teaching has made "the difference"!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:46:13 pm by jmpessoa »

picstart

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 01:56:18 am »
"Compiling package TAChartLazarusPkg 1.0" completed
"Compiling package ToDoListLaz 1.0.2" completed
C:\Program Files (x86)\laz4android\components\turbopower_ipro\iphtml.pas(15896,6) Warning: User defined: Setting these font colors and name messes up the alignment for some reason
C:\Program Files (x86)\laz4android\components\turbopower_ipro\iphtml.pas(15914,7) Warning: User defined: TODO Set Font size from CSS Value
"Compiling package TurboPowerIPro 1.0" completed
Makefile:134: *** Compiler C:/Program Files (x86)/laz4android/fpc/2.7.1/bin/i386-win32/fpc.exe not found.  Stop.

The above is from  a build+clean of the IDE on a Windows system. The file fpc.exe isn't found due to the make file using a forward slash / instead of  a backslash \ 

jmpessoa

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 06:35:19 am »
Hi x2nie!

I was able to compile  standard (1.3 based!) LiteZarus  with  FPC2.7.1* from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/laz4android/files/?source=navbar

*[By TrueTom] FPC: 2.7.1 SVN 26270  win32/arm-android/i386-android
and Android NDK: r9b (arm-linux-androideabi-4.6 + x86-4.6)

So, I think you can just keep one delivery/release for LiteZarus!

Thank You!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:38:19 am by jmpessoa »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018